cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long seller's. Nothing is adding up. I used to sell about X. I am not there.

Ebay is covering everything.  I feel that I am wasting my time.  I know I am not the only one...

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Long seller's. Nothing is adding up. I used to sell about X. I am not there.

The day I retired from nursing I took off my wrist watch and haven't worn one since. I use my cell phone. I had a whole wardrobe of watches and recently throw several of them out. FYI I grew up in the jewelry business and had worn a watch since age nine.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Long seller's. Nothing is adding up. I used to sell about X. I am not there.

What?  What are you trying to say?  Respectfully I'm not understanding?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Very simple I used to sell $4000 per month. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

It's not eBay, it's the evolution of time.  Thirty years ago everyone wore a wristwatch and had a few in their dresser.  That function has now been taken over by cellphones.  Walmart used to have a big busy section for selling watches and replacing batteries, long replaced by other items.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I would have never got that from what you originally typed.

We are coming out of the holiday season.  While my sales haven't slowed down yet, they do typically start doing that about this time of year and don't pick up until after the date that tax returns are due.  Then we get buzy again.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@mam98031 

I SOLD $4,000 YEAR 2021 DECEMBER.  I am not saying anything different from year 2021.  

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

It's not eBay, it's the evolution of time.  Thirty years ago everyone wore a wristwatch and had a few in their dresser.  That function has now been taken over by cellphones.  Walmart used to have a big busy section for selling watches and replacing batteries, long replaced by other items.

Heck, even my parents (who are in their 80s) don't wear watches anymore-- they just pull out their cellphones if they need to check the time.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

The day I retired from nursing I took off my wrist watch and haven't worn one since. I use my cell phone. I had a whole wardrobe of watches and recently throw several of them out. FYI I grew up in the jewelry business and had worn a watch since age nine.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Very true.  But they are people buying $50,000 or $1,000.0000 watches.  You don't need to trust me look it up.  

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

After Holiday slooow-down, happens each and every year here, with holding your breath anticipation of the next ripe time for buyers to be on here again. Rollercoaster ride.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

eBay never promised you a rose garden year after year.

Once upon a time Wham-O sold tons of Hula Hoops for about 3 years then the bottom fell out due to increased competition, price competition, low profit margins.

Some time you have to change your product offerings

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@joseh1445 

It looks like you've had steady sales since the beginning of the year and before that.  I wish that was my situation.  What is it that seems to be wasting your time? Many would be thrilled with those sales.  Hang in there. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@joseh1445 wrote:

@mam98031 

I SOLD $4,000 YEAR 2021 DECEMBER.  I am not saying anything different from year 2021.  

A lot has happened since then.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

OK.   No need to yell at me.  You asked, I offered what typically happens to me.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@joseh1445 wrote:

Very true.  But they are people buying $50,000 or $1,000.0000 watches.  You don't need to trust me look it up.  

But that is not what you sell.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply