cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Of course, the "new" ebay doesn't  even give you a proper forum for problems such as with sign in so wherever the mods feel my request for help should be placed, do so.

On the sign in page my email address shows automatically. But when the page changes to password the password space is blank and I have to type it in. In the good, ol' days, the password was included as coded dots. Suggestions are to reset the password which I've done a couple of times but it doesn't take. Do you know how to correct this if it's correctable?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You didn't say if you're using a browser or the app. In a browser, on the login page, make sure the Stay Signed In box is checked. Also, you should be able to tell your browser to save your passwords.  In the app there should also be a Stay Signed in option, but the easiest thing to do, if you have your phone protected by password, pin or bio-metrics, is just never log out of eBay. Just close it when you're done.

You didn't say if you're using a browser or the app. In a browser, on the login page, make sure the Stay Signed In box is checked. Also, you should be able to tell your browser to save your passwords.  In the app there should also be a Stay Signed in option, but the easiest thing to do, if you have your phone protected by password, pin or bio-metrics, is just never log out of eBay. Just close it when you're done.

I use Google Chrome and I use a bookmark: My eBay Active. The Stay Signed box has never worked. I don't always get the prompt to save a password, not with ebay. I don't use an app and I don't have that kind of cellphone, mine's basic. Thanks anyway.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Go to

My ebay > Summary > Account > Personal Info > Sign in & security > Sign in preferences > VIEW (you will be asked to sign in)  Check the box to Keep me signed in on this device

I also have the other box checked as well.

I think you would then click the SAVE box.  The other box I could click was CANCEL, and I am not sure whaqt that would do, so I just went to another tab I had open.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Happened to me a copule times, but when I click on my id at the sign in,  it gives me a choice of password, so I have inadvertently had it set to save (turns out this was a good thing) LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I also encounter this situation often. and i am very upset with this.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Probably because you registered in the US and you live in Vietnam

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I clicked on Account > Personal Info > next page is Welcome > Sign in and my Passwod is shown with the black dots (which is what I would like in the main Sign in page and the reason for my post). I click the Sign in blue box and am in. "Sign in and security" > "Sign in preferences" > View > both boxes are checked (I checked them years ago) so I've always done the right think and your suggestions have been followed. I'd like to trigger Google to bring up the popup where I can check to save my Password and in Google Settings both "Offer to save passwords" and "Auto Sign in" are ON.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@hunkadinka 

You should be able to go to  chrome://settings/passwords or manage passwords, pull up your passwords, eBay and edit the info. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply