cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings drop in Best match

Anyone recently experienced a listing drop in search results "Best match".  I thought this morning where have they gone, to find they went from top position to way down on the list 

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Listings drop in Best match

Yes, I've noticed some of mine a lot farther down the page.
My price is lowest with free shipping and free returns.
I've sold double what my closest competitor has, but yet they are at the top.
Only difference for eBay to put them up there is they are in the managed payment program.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Managed payment, sponsored listing, free returns all means the same they are looking for more funds. But what doesn't make sense is to put someone on top that hasn't sold 1 above say someone that's sold 100 surely the revenue is pretty much guaranteed from the 100 seller or are they gambling on sales that may generate but then id bet on a sure win with sales and reviews to back it

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Are you running your listings GTC? Curiosity 🙂

Cheers
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

For what it is worth: dont worry,I am a buyer and NEVER sort by "best match", but I have only been buying here for 13 years. It matters not where your listing falls  in  that useless sort order. You could be 3 sellers behind "last"  and I will never know it. I search by one or more of the following: 1. Price + shipping, low to high or vice versa  2.  Ending time, soonest or last first  3. Condition new, used or all.   I will often refine with "BIN only", "accepts offers",  "shipping time", or "free shipping". "Best Match"  NEVER matched any criteria I wish to use. I really pay no attention to what Ebay thinks of you, but I always vet my trading partners by their individual feedback ratings, DSR,s AND the tone of your "reply to feedback received" from buyers. If the tone is "snarky" I move on. My buying decisions are made using sellers perceived likeability, shipping eta, and total price including shipping.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes all of them are GTC

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@gorhad wrote:

Anyone recently experienced a listing drop in search results "Best match".  I thought this morning where have they gone, to find they went from top position to way down on the list 

If you dropped from the top, then someone else rose to the top. 

That aside ... 

Search result are quite dependent upon the search terms. I searched Mercedes Hydraulic Cylinder Repair Seals and you were #1 in Best match out of 21 listings. 

Which listing numbers have you seen drop, and for what search terms? 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply