cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing revisions

isnow_2583
Pathfinder

I am new to ebay. I recently listed collectible dolls but have discovered new information about them that needs to go into my description of them. But using the revise option did not change my original description. How can I resolve this without ending the sake and starting a new listing

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Listing revisions

This is not the answer to your question, but have to ask: Are you a new seller?

It's surprising that eBay would allow a new seller to start off selling high-dollar items like that.

If asked, we usually advise doing a little buying first which accomplishes two things #1, it gives you an idea of how eBay works and #2, it gains you a little feedback.

I may be wrong, but it will be a rare buyer who is willing to risk that much money with a new seller, even though the buyer presumably knows he is protected by the MBG.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@isnow_2583 

Being a new seller, I'm surprised they let you list the item at that price.

As a new seller, selling an expensive item, you'll be a prime target for scammers and there's a good chance you could loose your item and any payment.

Is there an open offer on the item?

If there is, you won't be able to change the listing.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Revise listing should work since there are no bids on the doll.   Once there are bids, the description and a few other things cannot be changed.    Did you remember to click on 'save' once you finished editing?

As @soh.maryl pointed out, you will be a scam magnet.   Do not respond to offers at or above your starting price.   Do not respond to anyone wanting you to text them.   And never send gift cards along with the item just because the buyer claims the item is a gift for his niece or nephew.  Never respond to anyone wanting your paypal address.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@isnow_2583 

Wow on the price! Oh please ,please listen to @soh.maryl she's been here along time and knows what she is talking about.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

As noted, you should be able to revise the Description, as long as the auction has not received any bids and there are no active offers or counteroffers. Be sure to save your changes.

The dolls are more likely to sell to a valid collector if you (1) are careful with capitalization and punctuation; (2) note the doll names Nikki and Rikki in the listing title; and (3) take out the personal information.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Not only are you risking losing the dolls to a scammer but did you check for actual sold listings for the exact same dolls?

You might want to consider splitting them into two listings and be sure you know what they really sell for before relisting them.

On ebay there are many wishers and then there are sellers who do the research necessary to know the market.

I have hundreds of my Mothers' dolls from when she died in 1995 that I wouldn't dare sell here.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I took a few minutes to see how much these types of dolls sold for and was surprised.  There are no exact matches shown as sold but the prices do range from $50 on up to over $1,400 so all I can say is good luck.

As a new seller you may or may not know that you can click on "sold items" starting from any listing to see real comparisons for how much things really sell for on ebay.  It is very handy for setting starting prices as the lowest you are willing to sell for.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hi,

I am not new to eBay but I took a few months off from selling and am now starting to list again. Today I scheduled a listing on a regular auction and wanted to go back in and make revisions before it became "live" tonight. I tried and tried, but while I could adjust the price, I could not get the description changes to "stick." I was on the phone with eBay tech support for more than half an hour. She had me try this and that and nothing worked. Then she said I would have to go in and make the revisions after the auction went "live." Well, I tried that and guess what? I'm still having issues with getting the revisions in the description to show up. I'll see if things are updated with the correct revisions when I check the listing tomorrow morning. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

UPDATE: I checked this morning and the revisions I made to my description last night seem to be there now. Very strange, as in prior years any revisions were always immediately posted....

Message 10 of 10
latest reply