cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing is showing to US audience and I am located in Europe

Hello everyone, to keep it short. 

I live in Portugal (Europe) and wanted to sell my first item. When doing it so it wanted me to list it in dollars (which I thought was strange) I set the item location in Portugal and said that I shipped only in europe (in the settings, not in the description) but I am only getting offers from the USA.

Then I went to ebay in france and my listing wasn't showing...

Can someone help? I've tried contacting ebay but all I can get is a bot with premade answers. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @vacastel0 . While eBay.com is a global site, its home base is the United States. Domestic shipping when listing on .com means shipping to the US and international shipping means shipping anywhere outside the US, including Portugal. Currency in the US is the US Dollar.

It goes by the site you're listing on, not where you're located.

If you only want to ship to Europe, you would have to take down your listing on .com and post it on a different eBay site.

Go to the eBay home page and all the way down at the bottom on the right, there is a link that shows you all the eBay international sites. You can choose from eBay UK, Germany, Spain, France, Italy and more. Just make sure the site you choose has a domain specific to that country and is not a subdomain of the US site ending in .com. Remember you will be listing in that site's default currency and domestic shipping will be based on the country's domain. You have to offer domestic shipping wherever you list.

eBay Portugal does not have its own domain - instead it is a subdomain of the .com site (pt.ebay.com) which is probably why you defaulted to the .com site.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hey, thank you so much, since Portugal doesn't have that big of a market our site is ebay.com/pt I'll relist it in ebay France then. Thanks a lot. It really helped! (I'll let you know if the problem is still standing)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@vacastel0 

@wastingtime101 gave you some good advice.  Here's some advice from me...Be careful as a new seller selling very expensive items right off the minute you sign on to eBay.  eBay watches new sellers very closely, especially the ones who sell high dollar items.  It can set off red flags, not to mention eBay can ask you to provide receipts for that watch you just sold.  If you can't provide the receipts, eBay can & will restrict your account.  Just giving you a heads up.  Lots of stolen merchandise on this site and the law is pushing eBay to crack down on sellers who sell questionable merchandise.  Not pointing any fingers, just please be careful.  Happy Selling!

Best of luck

Happy Easter

Message 4 of 4
latest reply