cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing disappeared from search and my store (3rd day)

I have a listing that I noticed had randomly vanished from the ebay search and from my store Wed morning (5.25.22). Of course this happens to be my top selling item in my store, which is why I was able to catch it.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304488366800

I've called into customer service once a day since then, and all I've been told is that this is a glitch that's been going on for a very long time with no resolution. It's not an indexing problem, because they can see from their end it's already indexed into the system. And even if it were an indexing problem, that process only takes up to 24 hrs max. 

Even if you search for this listing by item number nothing comes up. Let me know if anyone else has had this problem in the past, and how many days, weeks, months it took for that listing to finally come back. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Listing disappeared from search and my store (3rd day)

@sneaker-jesus 

I tried to search your item by item number on ebay search engine, i didn't find it

I wondering how you got all those sales for this listing while the listing not appearing in search result??

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

This “was” my top selling item. Until last Tuesday.. when it disappeared from the search and from my store. I’ve called into customer service once a day, every day, and no one has any clue how to resolve it. I’m going on day number 5 with it being invisible.. and to be honest I’ve pretty much lost all hope of it ever coming back. 

Whatever bug is causing this apparently isn’t happening frequently enough to warrant the time to fix it. 

As everyone knows it’s excruciatingly difficult to accumulate 280 sales on a listing… so taking it down to start all over will be devastating. And my fear is that when I re-list it.. this same glitch will likely happen again on my new listing.. 

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Day number 6 and counting that my listing has been invisible from search and from my store.

Last night and today I tried revising: every single item specific, uploading brand new photos, changing title, changing description, changing categories, changing qtys to 0, then changing qtys back to their actual levels an hour later, changing shipping, changing handling time, changing returns, changing brand from Nike to Jordan, tried revising from the mobile app, tried revising from desktop, revising from chrome, revising from edge, revising from safari, revising from Firefox, revising from a different IP address, changing UPC for each variation… basically tried changing every single aspect you could possibly change in a listing.

Nothing changed, it’s still invisible. Why am I so desperate to get this listing visible again? Because it’s my top selling item, and as we all know almost impossible to reproduce 284 sales and 598 watchers if I end this listing and relist as a brand new listing. 

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Just bumping this topic one last time.. it’s now been over 8 days since my top selling item disappeared from the search and from my store.

I’ve called into customer service 4 times, and everyone tells me to just hang in there and wait. The only reason I haven’t ended it already is because it has almost 300 sales and over 600 watchers. It will be disasterous for me to throw away that irreplaceable sales history/best match score.

Has anyone else ever had this happen and the listing just never came back? How many more days/weeks should I wait before I just give up and relist?

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

That would be so frustrating. It's interesting that you are still getting a few sales so I wonder if all of those people were already watching that listing before it disappeared or if it is showing to some buyers?   I just searched by item number again on 3 different browsers with two different zip codes and still can't see it.

jasmen@ebay 

velvet@ebay 

Have there been other reports of listings disappearing in the shoes category?  The link that the op posted in the first post shows that it can be found by clicking on the link but any search by item number or a search using key words comes up blank.  Any ideas as to what the problem would be?

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I appreciate you trying to help me out my friend!

yes I think the few salsa I’ve gotten in the past 8 days since it disappeared is simply because I had 600 watchers and a few sales have trickled in since they already had my listing saved.

The only answer I’ve been given by CS is to not end the listing since it’s such a strong listing.. only to wait it out. But it’s been over a week and I’ve honestly lost hope. 

My fear is that I’m going to end it, re list, build up my search placement again, only to have the exact same thing happen again. I’m stuck and there’s really no “correct” decision, so I guess I’ll just continue to wait. 

As a side note I’m very seriously considering shutting down the store for a few weeks and just taking an extended summer vacation. If my top seller isn’t sell-able.. might as well! 

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

That would be so frustrating. It's interesting that you are still getting a few sales so I wonder if all of those people were already watching that listing before it disappeared or if it is showing to some buyers?   I just searched by item number again on 3 different browsers with two different zip codes and still can't see it.

jasmen@ebay 

velvet@ebay 

Have there been other reports of listings disappearing in the shoes category?  The link that the op posted in the first post shows that it can be found by clicking on the link but any search by item number or a search using key words comes up blank.  Any ideas as to what the problem would be?

Hi @pjcdn2005 and @sneaker-jesus! I took a look and see a ticket opened up for this issue yesterday. I've added it to the tech post here if you want to refer anyone else that comes across this. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Thank you velvet 🙏

Message 23 of 23
latest reply