cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Shoes with Authentication Question.

I rarely list shoes but I have a pair that are quite expensive.  I have created a draft listing but nowhere does it mention authentication.  Is this automatically applied after I make the listing live on Ebay?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Listing Shoes with Authentication Question.

@m60driver check out the FAQ for sneaker authentication to see if you meet the initial criteria:

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-sneakers-seller/

While they give some general guidelines, actual eligibility depends on brand, model, price point and a few other factors which may change dynamically on the listing form - for example these Nikes would have to be listed at $150 or above to receive the authenticity guarantee badge.

nikeair1.jpg

Basically, you'll need to look for that note on the listing form and then once the listing goes live, also look to see if you have a Authenticity Guaranteed badge...but be aware that if the criteria changes after listing, the badge may be removed but the mandatory FedEx shipping option will stay.

More about that here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Why-is-there-no-loner-a-call-back-option-with-quot-customer/m-... 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If your item is eligible for the AG, ebay will add it to your listing automatically.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/ebay-authenticity-guarantee?id=4644&st=3&pos=4&query...

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Never list an item you can't afford to lose.  Authentication is added based on listing price.  You might want to search  authentication on these boards to see some of the problems sellers have had before you list.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

Basically, you'll need to look for that note on the listing form and then once the listing goes live, also look to see if you have a Authenticity Guaranteed badge...but be aware that if the criteria changes after listing, the badge may be removed but the mandatory FedEx shipping option will stay.

That note does not appear on my listing draft.  And these shoes are most definitely eligible for the AG, a well known brand being listed for over $500.  I actually want the shoes to go through AG as it lessens the odds of a scam but I understand well it does not eliminate the odds completely.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@vitameatavegamom wrote:

If your item is eligible for the AG, ebay will add it to your listing automatically.

Well I just listed and that did not happen.  I have already ended the listing.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It's fun stuff!, we had a low value tee-shirt pulled as counterfeit, dozens of the same shirt listed most like some soured seller at the low starting bid as it sat fine for 2 days, but I have actually been shopping for a specific item in the 8,000-12,000 price range and have had 3 of the 5 fail the companies serial number and security check codes for authentication,  a few more were so bad did not even need to run a check..

Weeeee.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

If your brand name was on the list and your price met their threshold, then maybe it's a glitch. Mine have always added automatically. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

For what it is worth, Ebay's explanation of why a pair of Converse that can sell for over $1,000 was not eligible for authentication was "It can happen if it's not a popular style".  It is true, it was a very limited edition and as a Converse dealer I was only allowed to buy about 18 pairs.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply