cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List price versus sale price

Please take a look at this listing: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Light-Up-Flashing-Assorted-Fidget-Tri-Spinner-Anxiety-Stress-Relief-Toy-...

You will notice that the list price is $29.99, you save 76% and the actual sale price is $6.99.

How do I add list pricing, savings and sale pricing to my listings? I am not seeing this ability when creating product listings. I just have the buy it now price. I would like to showcase to my prospective buyers that they would be getting a product with a price that is below retail. Thanks for your help in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'm pretty sure that field is only accessible through the eBay API ... if you know programming, then you can develop your own interface to create listings.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi you need a store
That seller has an ebay store & is running a sale.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You need an eBay store to offer markdowns and sales.  But if you are not listing at least 150-250 items per month with an excellent sell-through rate, don't bother.

Are you really paying for subtitles on inexpensive items?  Can't imagine why anyone would do that!

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:

You need an eBay store to offer markdowns and sales.  But if you are not listing at least 150-250 items per month with an excellent sell-through rate, don't bother.

Are you really paying for subtitles on inexpensive items?  Can't imagine why anyone would do that!

I totally agree with this!       ^  ^  ^  ^  ^    This use of sub-titles on your merchandise offerings is throwing away chunks of your PROFIT!   (You do realize that those sub-titles are not part of your FREE listings, right?  And you're charged for that sub-title, whether the item sells OR NOT.)

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

Hi you need a store
That seller has an ebay store & is running a sale.

That is not a sale.   If it were a sale, the words before the crossed-off price would say "Was" rather than "List Price" ... also, with a sale, the savings would be in a bold red font.

As I mentioned in my first post, I'm nearly certain it is an API accessible field, and it is not a field that is accessible through the eBay supplied listing tool.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It is a promotion manager sale available for stores & depending on the strength of the sale ebay will promote it this way

please see weekly chat, posts #30 & #34
http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-April-19th-1pm-PT-Promotions...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

It is a promotion manager sale available for stores & depending on the strength of the sale ebay will promote it this way

please see weekly chat, posts #30 & #34
http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-April-19th-1pm-PT-Promotions...

I do not believe that this is what the OP was referencing.  The link you provided was discussing search listings, but the OP was talking about information that is within the actual listing.

After a little reading on the eBay API site, I have found that the ability to have a "List Price" (aka strike-through price) is only available to certain sellers who have been approved for eBay's Discount Pricing Program.  To be approved, you would need to inquire with your account representative.  Here is the exact language (STP = Strike-Through Price and MAP = Minimum Advertised Price):

"This feature is available to qualified sellers (and their associated developers) who participate in the Discount Pricing program. Once qualified, sellers can apply Discount Pricing to both MSKU and Non-MSKU items. STP is available on the US, UK, and DE sites while MAP is available only on the US site. This program requires every merchant to go through the vetting process, and We cannot enable the STP and MAP to customers without going through the process."

I would imagine you would need to be a high volume seller.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply