cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letting scammer manipulate the return policy - Told they're allowed to?????

So tell me, how in the name of Mike was I just told that scammers are not stopped in their tracks?

I have a buyer claiming damage. He is flat out lying. Ebay customer service sees his pictures , sees his messages and agrees. I think I'm in the clear!!! Until...........

The rep tells me that I need to accept the return anyway. I say that is insane, since it's clearly not a case of "not as described" nor "not received".  I'm told I'm correct, but I need to take it back. Then appeal it. I ask again why am I taking back an item the seller clearly admits is just a manipulation of the return policy? I'm told I have to.

If you actually don't stop scammers , why even allow us to have a no return policy? I'm flat out told that it doesn't matter he is admitting he's playing the system!

Now to make it better he just wrote me saying "the damage is in your pics" WHICH LITERALLY MEANS HE SAW WHAT HE WAS GETTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY????????????//

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Letting scammer manipulate the return policy - Told they're allowed to?????

It gets worse. Manipulating eBay policies to get items free is being promoted on the net, have a look at some "advertisments",

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+get+free+stuff+on+ebay

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/Local-Radio-DJs-advertised-ebay-s-return-loophole/m-p...

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

eBay's return system is seriously flawed as the buyer always prevails whenever they select the option for not as described.  It doesn't matter to eBay that the buyer lies.  This is a major complaint by sellers and will not change.  The only thing you can do is accept the return and pray you get everything back.  Block this bidder and report them for abusing the money back guarantee.  There is an option on the order page to report the buyer.  It's on the drop down menu next to the buyers order so scroll down to select it.  You can also report them when doing the refund process.

eBay buyer returns report.JPG

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

I sold a $700 t shirt vintage. I sent to Oregon. He claims holes, and then just returns it, **bleep** it’s a Saturday I don’t have funds in bank to cover it!! He made the holes obviously from scissors. He probably stole the item to make more shirts. He mailed it back from NJ. HELP HELP

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

What if he sends it back damage or a shirt with holes. ???? 

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hi @deerns7 

I urge you to start a new thread so that posters may see your dilemma and respond. Your questions are at the tail end of an old thread from last March and posters may respond to the original writer and not see your post.

Very sorry this happened to you.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply