cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving feedback as a seller

I am a long time eBay seller and buyer, and when sellers wait to see if I've left them feedback before leaving feedback from my purchase it really makes me mad.  Feedback as a seller means, the seller leaves feedback about the transaction, i.e., paid promptly, answered questions quickly, etc.  The feedback should be left for the buyer as soon as the seller receives payment or at least as soon as the item is shipped. 

Come on sellers, you can even set up automatic feedback's and you don't have to do a darn thing.  

Message 1 of 133
latest reply
132 REPLIES 132

Re: Leaving feedback as a seller

You may not have had any buyers who said, "Why didn't you leave feedback sooner", but have you had any who came to this forum and complained about not receiving it? 

The idea of optional/voluntary vs mandatory/required seems somewhat difficult for some folks to grasp.

Message 121 of 133
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

You may not have had any buyers who said, "Why didn't you leave feedback sooner", but have you had any who came to this forum and complained about not receiving it? 

The idea of optional/voluntary vs mandatory/required seems somewhat difficult for some folks to grasp.

My philosophy is: if your going to leave feedback then leave it for every buyer - if your not going to leave feedback don't leave it for any buyer. Otherwise, those buyers who would expect it wouldn't be so trivial when they see seller hasn't left it for anyone.  Hand 'n Hand, don't give it, don't expect it either, aside the fact 80% (or more buyers) don't leave it for seller anyways. 

I leave it for all, 100% certain large portion won't return it, especially all the new buyers I get every week. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 122 of 133
latest reply

My take away from this LONG thread is:

I wish selling FB wasn't against the rules. LOL

$5 for a regular "Thanks for the purchase great buyer" FB

And $10 for the new novella 500 character FB; dripping with adoration, praise and worship.

For $10/500 characters I'm willing to be the biggest sycophant on eBay. 

NOTE: That was written in JEST, a JOKE, a FUNNY... 

I KNOW it's against policy and I am NOT advocating doing it.

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 123 of 133
latest reply

@soh.maryl 

I dont know who you are referring to when you say "some folks" but dissing other posters is not so cool.  Why would someone come to this forum and complain about not getting feedback when I stated i always leave it?  In my response I said I always leave feedback.  What is it you think that i "dont grasp"?  I know feedback is voluntary and i choose to always leave it for buyers. Just at a different time that I think works better for me.  I'm sorry if my post was not clear but did you read the whole thing?  My ratio of feedback received for sales is over 50% so my way of leaving feedback is working well for me.

Message 124 of 133
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

And $10 for the new novella 500 character FB; dripping with adoration, praise and worship.

LOL @pikabo-icu years ago you supposedly could do exactly this, there were people who would charge $10 to 1,000 feedback...I don't remember a lot about it as i didn't use ebay much back then, but I do remember people talking about it. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 125 of 133
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@pikabo-icu wrote:

LOL @pikabo-icu years ago you supposedly could do exactly this, there were people who would charge $10 to 1,000 feedback...I don't remember a lot about it as i didn't use ebay much back then, but I do remember people talking about it. 

@nuclearomen muahaha.gif  Can I just say:  I am NOT surprised LOL. 

You can buy followers on Facebook & Tweeter why not here? /rolls eyes..  

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 126 of 133
latest reply

Not sure what the issue is here.  When I used the term "some folks", I meant some people.

What would have been a better word in your eyes?

Sorry you took it the wrong way.

Message 127 of 133
latest reply

The way I took it was you were saying that I personally was meant to be "some people". That I don't grasp how feedback works and that you think my notion of leaving feedback closer to delivery time is an uninformed idea.  Since the reply was directly to me I did not know how else to take it?   I guess if you were saying I had no grasp you would have directly said that, correct?  I do tend to miss sarcasm and take everything too literally.  So I hope you were not saying I have no grasp of feedback and I guess I  will assume you were not saying that for the sake of peace. Hope this clarifies my reaction to your post.

Message 128 of 133
latest reply

If that "lengthy positive feedback" that you leave for buyers includes any negative words or phrases, I certainly hope you are aware that that buyer can and should get that FB removed and you will have a defect.

When eBay says no negative for buyers, they mean no negative wording in a positive feedback as well.

Message 129 of 133
latest reply

@babclassics wrote:

The way I took it was you were saying that I personally was meant to be "some people". That I don't grasp how feedback works and that you think my notion of leaving feedback closer to delivery time is an uninformed idea.  Since the reply was directly to me I did not know how else to take it?   I guess if you were saying I had no grasp you would have directly said that, correct?  I do tend to miss sarcasm and take everything too literally.  So I hope you were not saying I have no grasp of feedback and I guess I  will assume you were not saying that for the sake of peace. Hope this clarifies my reaction to your post.

Wow I got the total opposite from @soh.maryl 's post.

I read the "some folks" as BUYERS.. That was the subject noun in her post. 

Read her post again, without emotion. I don't believe she was being snide or aiming that at YOU personally.

At least it didn't read that way to me.  /shrugs

~Pika~

Message 130 of 133
latest reply

My post was not meant to offend anyone, including you.

Hope this clarifies my position.

Message 131 of 133
latest reply

@48hrs-clothing wrote:

Feedback in my view reflects how a transaction went from start to finish.

For a buyer transaction is completed when they receive the item, examine it and find that everything is to their satisfaction.

For a seller transaction does not complete when item is shipped.

For a seller transaction is completed when buyer either leaves a feedback or messages the seller confirming that item is received and they are happy with product and service provided by seller and item will not be returned.

If a Seller leaves feedback when item is shipped and buyer opens a bogus INAD case to avoid paying return postage or to bypass a no return listing means seller did not have a positive experience and at present seller does not have the option of leaving a negative feedback and seller not leaving a feedback is the only option available to show that transaction was not to his satisfaction.

But who does it show this to? 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 132 of 133
latest reply

I read it the same way you did. When someone responds directly to you saying "The idea of optional/voluntary vs mandatory/required seems somewhat difficult for some folks to grasp", that implies that you don't know the difference, and that's insulting.

Message 133 of 133
latest reply