cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Positive FEEDBACK For BAD Buyers

cj-m
Adventurer

Has anyone noticed that when dealing with a problem buyer you cannot leave them negative or neutral feedback ? Only Positive to try and warn other sellers there may be a problem. Had a buyer that had to be reported because they had buyer's remorse, did not know an accepted offer means a sale. Wouldn't communicate, or pay,, had to be reported. eBay setteled case for seller (DUH !)  but would not allow seller to leave anything but POSITIVE feedback. When I last checked this buyer they had 13 POSITIVE feekback warning sellers not to deal with them. And when you looked at their feedback they show 100% POSITIVE with 13 NEGATIVE comments. Is something wrong with this policy ? eBay well aware of this, just says that is the way it is. Just had another (same) case new eBayer bids, wins, changes mind, won't pay,  says item paid for where is it. Already has 3 additional negative feedback saying same thing. Profile shows 17 POSITIVE FEEDBACK. What is wrong with this picture......

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

There's plenty wrong with the policy - it is one-sided. 

With that said, it has been quite a while since sellers were able to leave anything but positive feedback for buyers.  Buyers are gods; didn't you know that?

The feedback of which you spoke re negative comments are also not allowed. If the buyer were to report them, they would be removed. 

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

yeah, we noticed...about five years ago.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@cj-m wrote:

...not allow seller to leave anything but POSITIVE feedback. When I last checked this buyer they had 13 POSITIVE feekback warning sellers not to deal with them. And when you looked at their feedback they show 100% POSITIVE with 13 NEGATIVE comments. ...

The buyer could have ALL 13 negative comments removed if they asked eBay to. That's a policy violation. It's been positive feedback for buyers for years and you just noticed? BTW, if you change your listings to immediate payment required you won't have these problems.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@cj-m wrote:

Has anyone noticed that when dealing with a problem buyer you cannot leave them negative or neutral feedback ? Only Positive to try and warn other sellers there may be a problem. Had a buyer that had to be reported because they had buyer's remorse, did not know an accepted offer means a sale. Wouldn't communicate, or pay,, had to be reported. eBay setteled case for seller (DUH !)  but would not allow seller to leave anything but POSITIVE feedback. When I last checked this buyer they had 13 POSITIVE feekback warning sellers not to deal with them. And when you looked at their feedback they show 100% POSITIVE with 13 NEGATIVE comments. Is something wrong with this policy ? eBay well aware of this, just says that is the way it is. Just had another (same) case new eBayer bids, wins, changes mind, won't pay,  says item paid for where is it. Already has 3 additional negative feedback saying same thing. Profile shows 17 POSITIVE FEEDBACK. What is wrong with this picture......

Yeah, I noticed in May 2008 when ebay stopped negative feedback for buyers.  As far as those false positive comments, they are a policy violation and if reported will get those sellers in trouble.  Big time.

Instead of trying to write a comment that 99.99 % of sellers won't even see until after the buyer purchases, open the unpaid item dispute.  You can do it in as little as 48 hours after the listing ends and close it 4 days later which will give the buyer a strike on his account.  Then if he gets more than two of these in 12 months, many sellers have their account settings to automatically block them from trying to buy their items.

Leaving the neg might feel good but stopping them in their tracks is WAY better.

Joe

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

And if every one of those sellers had filed UID's, and you had your blocks set, you wouldn't have had this problem.

good gosh,, WHEN did you first realixe that?... geez, you should read a few old post and threads...you will see this is a very old story....

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@mississippi*mercantile wrote:
yeah, we noticed...about five years ago.

Actually, it's been 9 years! Since 2008, buyers have only been able to get positive feedback.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@cj-m

What was the unpaid item? Was it an "unbranded" wallet that had "Gucci" markings? If so, I'm glad the buyer didn't pay!

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I agree, the system is wrong!

Sellers should at least be able to leave a feedback without a positive, even if they could do it without negative or neutral, that way the buyer wouldn't get an undeserved positive.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

This is a two year old thread

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply