cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Shipping? No Way

eBay is totally wrong. I sell coins on Coin BookUSA, accept PayPal and ship without tracking so they post I'm not meeting their guidelines! How absurd. I've been selling for 25+ years and NEVER BEEN LATE! I also have a post office in my very small town of 1150 residents that has very short hours and may not be there to scan my tacking number until the next day when they reopen.  eBay has thrown us small sellers under the bus and has forgotten who got them where they are.  I've asked them to move my shipping adherence rate back to 100% as it has been forever and for their response to my inquiry at least a dozen times and get nothing! Read my FEEDBACK!!  The aging process and suffering a stroke are slowing me down but losing my good standing is unacceptable!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Late Shipping? No Way

soory about your health and i agree 99% to what you are saying.  the other 1% deals with the tracking.  if some buyer is unscrupulous and says he didnt receive what you sent him and files a case,  then ebay isnt going to back you at all and they get a refund and your coin.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@im4pu  i suggest that you change your handling time to 3 days but still take your items to the post office the next day. Ideally stand in line and get an acceptance scan. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@im4pu wrote:

I also have a post office in my very small town of 1150 residents that has very short hours and may not be there to scan my tacking number until the next day when they reopen.  eBay has thrown us small sellers under the bus and has forgotten who got them where they are. 

eBay offers you the ability to add a day to your handling time, to cover the 24 hour delay in scanning.

You chose a handling time that your post office cannot meet. You are throwing yourself under the bus. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Adding a day or two to handling, but

shipping next day, seems to be the most sensible solution for those that don’t get scans.  It isn’t ideal, but it should work in 99% of cases.  I do get scans - regardless of whether or not the post office nudges me to just dump in the lobby bin.  Some don’t - either from COVID fears or far too many items or just not wanting to spend a few minutes in line.    For them, I think this extension in handling time - just to cover usps issues - is brilliant.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@im4pu wrote:

eBay is totally wrong. I sell coins on Coin BookUSA, accept PayPal and ship without tracking so they post I'm not meeting their guidelines!

If you don't ship with tracking, they have no way to tell if you ship on time or not.

The items you use tracking on, I would wait there until the package was scanned and given a receipt.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 6
latest reply