cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 13 Sales ALL to FLORIDA & CALIFORNIA

I am well aware of my listings being shown and rotated throughout different geographic regions in the USA. it's always been in waves of about 2-3 days. BUT my last 13 SALES over the last 7 days have ALL been to FLORIDA and CALIFORNIA! Something is not right here or has changed. I live on the East Coast and if you throw in my 14th sale dating back a full week that was to Washington. Not Normal at All! Anyone else noticing a more than unusual pattern of sales to the same states?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Last 13 Sales ALL to FLORIDA & CALIFORNIA

@hartungcards wrote:

No, it's not politics.  I won't ship to Florida until the Tampa Bay Rays get a major league stadium.

There are times when one must take a stand.  Or a seat.

My sales sometimes concentrate, but CA, TX, NY and AZ seem to be my biggest buyers.

IMHO, it's more worthy do look at *what* is selling to those areas than why they're going there. People in different regions like different things.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 31 of 38
latest reply

California being the 5th largest economy in the world...

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

The majority of my sales go to CA, FL, TX, PA, and IL - everybody seems to live there.  I don't think I've ever had a sale to WY, RI or MT - nobody lives there.

I live in Mississippi, with a population of a little less than three million.  In 20 years I've gotten a grand total of SEVEN sales to my own state.  That's just how it is.  

I think I've had two sales to MS ever. It's small population-wise and most people there don't have a lot of money to spend on collectibles.

The vast majority of my sales go to CA, FL, NY, TX, IL, PA, and OH.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

You know sales have gotten bad when sellers flock to the forum to talk about where a package is traveling to. LOL!

Off to the post office now, I'll report back later.

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

That does not make sense.  The cost is still the same. It's 3.81 four ounces from NY to NJ and about 4.43 (I forgot the exact amount) if the buyer is on the West coast.  IT doesn't matter if I list free shipping or charge 4.99 to ship.  The farther the distance, the more the cost. Sure in this example it's cents but 2 lbs priority mail and we are talking a big difference.  

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

Lol, why?

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

More of my orders have been CA and FL lately but I'm also moving less than normal overall.  FL has a lot of freight forwarders and at least half of what I ship there goes out to a FF, not sure about any FF in CA.  I assumed that since everything is so expensive in CA along with high taxes that the same laptop/desktop I sell here would naturally sell for more there which would make sense as a lot of my parts/repair lots of laptops go there or to a FF.  

I do free shipping on every single listing, eBay charges me the fee based on it anyways so why not.  I do however put anything that's not going first class or flat rate priority as economy shipping with a line in the listing stating "the item may be shipped UPS or FedEx ground/home, possibly USPS depending area.  I ship the fastest but cheapest method possible and I ship within 24hours,if you have a preferred carrier please message me an advance".  This has ended up saving me hundreds if not thousands since I started, I enter weight and size then pick the cheapest one.  If USPS is less than a dollar more than another carrier I'll use them to have a label fee taken off my credit card hours after my weekly payouts (happens all the time).  Once in a blue moon a buyer will say they prefer x carrier and I'll request a zip code and see if I can accommodate.  Many of my feedbacks mention fast shipping so that probably helps as well but as far as increasing profitablity, that's the best decision I ever made.  The same package with USPS could be $45, UPS 20 and fed ex $15.. huge differences! 

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

That's not possible. 

Message 38 of 38
latest reply