cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep a look out

Sellers keep on the look out for a user he was not happy because I had a reserve on my signed funko pop so he decided to bid to the reserve and did not pay on purpose. I already reported and eBay is taking action but just in case keep your eyes open because he will do it to you too if he don’t like your prices 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Keep a look out

You are not allowed to name and shame in this forum. Community Guidelines 

Add that buyer to your Blocked buyer list.

The buyer won't be doing it to me because I never do auctions, I list fixed price with immediate payment required. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the heads up.   I'll keep an eye out.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Wouldn't you just open an unpaid item case, block the buyer and move on?

You seem absolutely certain that this person set out to cause you problems.  How do you know that? 

What does the buyer gain by doing that other than an unpaid item strike? Two of those in 12 months mean most smart sellers will not deal with him.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@mooshi-51 wrote:

Sellers keep on the look out for a user he was not happy because I had a reserve on my signed funko pop so he decided to bid to the reserve and did not pay on purpose. I already reported and eBay is taking action but just in case keep your eyes open because he will do it to you too if he don’t like your prices 

And the lesson to be learned is DO NOT use reserves. Start your opening bid at what would be your reserve price. From a buyer's perspective it is HIGHLY irritating to see something you want, then enter a bid only to be told NOPE reserve not met. If you succeed in irritating enough people it is only a matter of time before one does just what you experienced. Your job is to sell product, not play mind games.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@mooshi-51 

Although I have no idea who you're referring to...thanks for heads up.

Happy Selling

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote: ... You seem absolutely certain that this person set out to cause you problems.  How do you know that? ....  

Their auction for a Funko just ended late last night, so they can't have inferred it from nonpayment; perhaps the buyer told them so.  No wonder they're annoyed -- they paid not only the nonrefundable Reserve fee, but also an extra $1 for a 3-day duration.

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/226064665806?item=226064665806&rt=nc&_trksid=p4429486.m145235.l256...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

ebay just informed me they erased the name to protect the person lol! Unbelievable smh.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@mooshi-51 

Yes, you can't name and shame on this forum.  Read the rules of engagement.  It will better explain.

Have a great day

Message 9 of 9
latest reply