cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got a negative feedback

Basically I sold a brand new still sealed record, the buyer opened it claimed it skipped wanted my email address I told them that was against eBay policy that they could either return or full refund on my dime or I would give them a 25% discount on any other item they wanted, they opted to open the return after they left me a negative feedback because I would not give them my email address they even mentioned as such in the negative can I get this negative removed since they mentioned breaking the rules in it?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Just got a negative feedback

@rolenboy01 wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

@rolenboy01 wrote:

Talked to a foreign rep they said It was elgible to be removed and they removed it but I had to refund the buyer and let them keep the item which wasn't ideal but it was better than the unjust negative sticking I guess, the buyer basically thought I would just give them a refund and let them keep the item if they sent me "video proof of the item skipping via email" and when I said return for refund they slapped me with a negative I guess they got their wish.

@AnonymousReally???? Tell the seller to REFUND and let the buyer KEEP the item to get negative feedback removed. This is NOT RIGHT.

If you haven't done the refund make sure you specify return for refund.  The CS agent must need some actual training... good grief.

It's already been done unfortunately, it wasn't the ideal option but I was not about to be stuck with another unjust negative, I'm sure it could have went differently with a US rep but I wanted to get it taken care of quickly, luckily the item was only 15 dollars, if they had opened it like they said on top of the 4 dollar return shipping I wasn't going to make much on it at that point if I ended up reselling it again, hopefully this buyer is livid that the negative got removed, they have a pattern of doing this to others too I have no doubt nearly all of them were fabrications.

This is a scam that is used by some buyers. Why they would do it on a $15 item I don't know. They want your email so they can make demands that are not allowed by eBay. You should have handled this as two seperate problems.

1. Buyer is unhappy with item then tell them to open a case and request a return for refund. Period, no more no less. No chit chat. They are smart and will not say feedback in eBay messages. 

2. If feedback is improper then deal with that seperate from a return. The two have nothing to do with each other.

The funny thing is that he has your email within the PayPal transaction. If someone ever emails about a return always answer inside of eBay messages. For example "I got your email are you saying a partial return and you won't leave bad feedback?" or "are you saying you want the customs label marked as a gift?" Just ignore the email.

CS was wrong on this one. 

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Maybe, but its iffy. You would probably have to keep calling until you got a rep that was bright enough to get it
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Talked to a foreign rep they said It was elgible to be removed and they removed it but I had to refund the buyer and let them keep the item which wasn't ideal but it was better than the unjust negative sticking I guess, the buyer basically thought I would just give them a refund and let them keep the item if they sent me "video proof of the item skipping via email" and when I said return for refund they slapped me with a negative I guess they got their wish.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

After a transaction when a problem happens you can still have a chance to get the buyer himself to revise the feedback communicating through ebay - you are allowed to communicate and explain the buyer your point of view.

If your buyer agrees to revise feedback the procedure is sooner and you may get a better deal with him than refund all the amount of money.

"There are some situations when buyers can revise the Feedback comment or rating, or the detailed seller ratings they've left for sellers. For example, if the seller fixes a problem with the transaction, or if the buyer accidentally left the wrong Feedback. In these situations, sellers can request a Feedback revision."

Click on the "Request Feedback Revision" link under “Recent Feedback.” Alternately, you can click on the “Go to Feedback Forum” link and click “Request Feedback revision” on the right side of the page, under “Feedback tools.” Click theFeedback you want to request a revision.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@geotouloupos wrote:

After a transaction when a problem happens you can still have a chance to get the buyer himself to revise the feedback communicating through ebay - you are allowed to communicate and explain the buyer your point of view.

If your buyer agrees to revise feedback the procedure is sooner and you may get a better deal with him than refund all the amount of money.

"There are some situations when buyers can revise the Feedback comment or rating, or the detailed seller ratings they've left for sellers. For example, if the seller fixes a problem with the transaction, or if the buyer accidentally left the wrong Feedback. In these situations, sellers can request a Feedback revision."

Click on the "Request Feedback Revision" link under “Recent Feedback.” Alternately, you can click on the “Go to Feedback Forum” link and click “Request Feedback revision” on the right side of the page, under “Feedback tools.” Click theFeedback you want to request a revision.

I am well aware of requesting a feedback revision they weren't going to revise under any circumstances.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@rolenboy01 wrote:

@AnonymousReally???? Tell the seller to REFUND and let the buyer KEEP the item to get negative feedback removed. This is NOT RIGHT.

If you haven't done the refund make sure you specify return for refund.  The CS agent must need some actual training... good grief.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

@rolenboy01 wrote:

It's already been done unfortunately, it wasn't the ideal option but I was not about to be stuck with another unjust negative, I'm sure it could have went differently with a US rep but I wanted to get it taken care of quickly, luckily the item was only 15 dollars, if they had opened it like they said on top of the 4 dollar return shipping I wasn't going to make much on it at that point if I ended up reselling it again, hopefully this buyer is livid that the negative got removed, they have a pattern of doing this to others too I have no doubt nearly all of them were fabrications.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@rolenboy01 wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

@rolenboy01 wrote:

This is a scam that is used by some buyers. Why they would do it on a $15 item I don't know. They want your email so they can make demands that are not allowed by eBay. You should have handled this as two seperate problems.

1. Buyer is unhappy with item then tell them to open a case and request a return for refund. Period, no more no less. No chit chat. They are smart and will not say feedback in eBay messages. 

2. If feedback is improper then deal with that seperate from a return. The two have nothing to do with each other.

The funny thing is that he has your email within the PayPal transaction. If someone ever emails about a return always answer inside of eBay messages. For example "I got your email are you saying a partial return and you won't leave bad feedback?" or "are you saying you want the customs label marked as a gift?" Just ignore the email.

CS was wrong on this one. 

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@rolenboy01 wrote:

That's probably for the best.

Now it saves you from leaving another embarassing follow up claim about how innocent you are.

I would assume your longevity on ebay would give you some grace about handling a buyer problem versus using an angle.Yet, survive we all must.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@994john wrote:

@rolenboy01 wrote:

That's probably for the best.

Now it saves you from leaving another embarassing follow up claim about how innocent you are.

I would assume your longevity on ebay would give you some grace about handling a buyer problem versus using an angle.Yet, survive we all must.

No embarassement here I told to the truth, eBay told me told me to tell the truth, their feedback left for others is full of negatives of the same nature, I find the fact that they didn't attempt to get the comment removed telling.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Lock topic issue has been resolved.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I just went to my pay pal account to verify what I'm posting is true.  Why do you feel it is against ebay policy to give your e mail address to a member who you have completed a transaction with?

I just purchased some pills for my dog from an ebay seller~~his e mail address is right there on the transaction page on my pay pal.  Your buyer was supplied your e mail address on his pay pal payment transaction page if he had known it was there.  It was no big secret for you to withhold it.  I looked at a pay pal payment I received from a buyer and her  e mail address is right there on the transaction page. 

I don't know why the feedback was removed just because the buyer asked for your e mail address~~it wouldn't have been a policy violation if you had given it to him.  It had already been disclosed by pay pal.

It IS a policy violation to give your e mail address or any contact info to anyone you are NOT involved in a completed transaction with.  When you are involved in a completed transaction with someone & they contact you through private e mail it is NOT a policy violation.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@kattinsanity wrote:

I just went to my pay pal account to verify what I'm posting is true.  Why do you feel it is against ebay policy to give your e mail address to a member who you have completed a transaction with?

I just purchased some pills for my dog from an ebay seller~~his e mail address is right there on the transaction page on my pay pal.  Your buyer was supplied your e mail address on his pay pal payment transaction page if he had known it was there.  It was no big secret for you to withhold it.  I looked at a pay pal payment I received from a buyer and her  e mail address is right there on the transaction page. 

I don't know why the feedback was removed just because the buyer asked for your e mail address~~it wouldn't have been a policy violation if you had given it to him.  It had already been disclosed by pay pal.

It IS a policy violation to give your e mail address or any contact info to anyone you are NOT involved in a completed transaction with.  When you are involved in a completed transaction with someone & they contact you through private e mail it is NOT a policy violation.

There was no point in them emailing me, they claimed they wanted to email me to send "video proof" which was unneeded and wouldn't have proved anything as they could have already a scratched record in their possession, not giving them my email didn't warrant a negative feedback stating as such any way you slice it.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Leaving a neg stating you wouldn't give them your e mail address would most likely qualify for removal BUT it was not a violation for them to have asked for it nor would it be a violation for you to have supplied it.

They have used up their option to leave you feedback BUT they haven't used up their option to leave a follow up to any feedback you may have left them.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply