cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just can't win here anymore.

numisnorway
Trailblazer

I'm beyond anger at this point. Just having a feeling of being weighed down..

I've accepted the reality of doing business here..

Even if you decide to only sell cheaper stuff in order to lessen the risk you will still encounter lots of bad buyers. This is mostly due to the entitlement mentality that so many buyers have these days...

The buyer knows that he has all the power. Return frauds, fishing for refunds for whatever minor issue like a scuffed outer box that has nothing do with the product etc.. just so much nonsense.

Lately i managed to find a certain hot item which i flipped for a profit here on ebay, a product mind you that i don't usually sell, something outside of what i usually deal with. I packaged the item in an unorthodox fashion because i don't have the supplies to do it the common way, but i still did it in an overkill manner as to prevent damage during shipping and whaddaya know.. now i am dealing somebody complaining about the fact even though i used the exact same method for 2 other buyers with no complaints whatsoever. There is in my opinion no way that the item got damaged during shipping since there is no way for the item to get moved around or even crushed.

So now i have a buyer claiming damage and sent me a picture of the item where there is apparently nothing wrong with it where he wants "a substantial refund". To add insult to injury he can't even point out where the damage is, just that it could have been. It's just so fatiguing to try and reason with these people.. what exactly can i tell them apart from "return for refund" which opens up a whole new can of worms where they can do things out of spite, send back another item etc.

This is a buyer i researched beforehand as well.. someone doing a holding service for collectors of said items where he holds them until his international clients have a certain amount to be shipped together in order to save on taxes and fees before getting shipped to their nation. Everything checked out as well.. forum posts with happy buyers, a seemingly legitimate business profile etc.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Just can't win here anymore.

It's a lose/lose situation dealing with a buyer (scammer) like this.  Their mentality is to get as many freebies as possible, no matter what.  They view this sick game as a challenge.  Consequently, even after accepting the return, you will probably receive a box of rocks, or at best, a damaged item.

Unfortunately, as long as e-bay encourages and enables these practices they will continue to escalate.

And as always....the only winner in this game is E-bay....their gain, your loss.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

I totally agree to what you say and have experienced this over and over.. However recently Ebay support started actually giving a f)(k and have stepped in twice last week and helped me win two cases..  its the first time in 21 years here ..  in the past anybody who starts a case is guaranteed to win.. not any more it seems...

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

stepped in twice last week and helped me win two cases.

^^^^^THAT is great to hear.  One small step, I suppose.  Unfortunately, buyers can open endless (at least it seems so) buying IDs and the cycle continues.

You wonder if it is a pattern of disgruntled Sellers (current or former) who think because it happened to them, it is okay (it is not, btw) to do it to others?    We too have dealt with a few buyers who we *suspected also sold who just seemed to know an awful lot about how this worked, etc.  Who knows.    Dishonest people sux.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@numisnorway wrote:

Even if you decide to only sell cheaper stuff in order to lessen the risk you will still encounter lots of bad buyers.

I haven't had a "bad buyer" in my last 500 transactions at least.  So I guess I disagree with your sweeping generalization. 

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@numisnorway wrote:

Something tells me that this is not the first time he has done this.

Make sure you report him for abusing the returns process. If enough sellers do that it can get them opted out of the MBG

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

@postingid7659 wrote:

anything else constitutes fraud." 

Definitely don't say that. It outs you as a mark.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

First off DON'T OFFER RETURNS.  I used to sell brand new Halloween Costumes and clicked the no return box.  

Always type up something in your description (in fact use it everytime type somewhere that you can cut and paste)    WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET - PLEASE EXAMINE ALL PHOTOS CAREFULLY!!!

I had some guy buy a SEALED carton of baseball cards.  SEALED with shrink wrap cellophane from the manufacturer.  Only the bottom right corner was starting to open.   So this guy buys it.  Writes me that he is reporting me to the FBI because he opened the carton and opened every pack of cards and I must've taken the good ones out!!!!  Read that again.........  I ignored him.

Usually you can call EBAY (probably not now that pandemic is still around) and they will back you up.  If someone tells me something they received was broken and they send me a picture where USPS played soccer with it I tell them to keep the broken merchandise and I will refund them in full. No use having them send it back so I can pitch it!

I have been selling for almost 20 years and don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Like I said if you type up a little blurb and use it in every description you eliminate those that want something for nothing.  And God knows more people feel entitled out there than ever!!!  

Much success to you!

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

You need to BLOCK that individual from bidding or buying from you again.  Easy to do look it up!

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@reddsholidaze wrote:

First off DON'T OFFER RETURNS.  

Always type up something in your description (in fact use it everytime type somewhere that you can cut and paste)    WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET - PLEASE EXAMINE ALL PHOTOS CAREFULLY!!!

Usually you can call EBAY (probably not now that pandemic is still around) and they will back you up. 

All  selecting "no returns" means is you don't want anything back when you refund. A No Returns policy also outs you as a mark.

There is no text you can write where ebay will back you up on a INAD case. It doesn't happen.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

All you can do with a false INAD is eat the return,  pray you get your merch back in decent condition, block him/her and report the yahoo for abusing the INAD system.  Then contact eBay via social media and raise perdition.  It won't do any good but at least you may feel better.  

No returns doesn't mean no refunds; it just means Ebay will refund a buyer out of your wallet and not require them to return the item.   On eBay there's no such thing as a final sale. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 25 of 25
latest reply