cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jiminy Cricket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People just get use to paying more for shipping... and along comes another usps price increase on media mail. 

Glad I increased my shipping price to cover yet another increase and I don't have to go and jack pricing again. 

When is enough enough? Gas prices et al have decreased. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Jiminy Cricket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USPS's budget has to cover more than gas prices.  For many years, they have had an annual rates update in late January which usually includes an increase in Media Mail rates.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

We use calculated shipping on most of our listings, so it'll just adjust with the price increase as long as eBay updates their system (they've usually been good about that type of update).  Buyer pays shipping cost, we buy the label, no problemo.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's still better than the price increases from the other couriers. ✌️😎🙏

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

A decade + ago all companies used the increase in gas prices to justify rate increases (not just carriers but almost all companies). Of course, when gas prices went down they just pocketed the extra bounty instead of lowering prices. Now they all just raise prices and the carriers do it at the beginning of the year but on different dates so they can't be accused of collusion.

Back in the 1980's and into the 1990's (in the city I live in anyway) they used to run these water campaigns to lower water usage. The water company raised the rates stating citing too much water was being used. They then raised the rates to a high amount for any usage over a certain monthly gallon amount.

Well, people got on board and started conserving water. Finally one year the water company requested another rate increase. The reason? Not enough water was being consumed! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. So now you are penalized for using too much and at the same time are penalized for not using enough. Lucky for me that was the year I got off city water.

It just goes to show that no matter what the consumer does they will ALWAYS raise rates on everything.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

So deJoy still has not been given his marching orders?

His campaign to put the USPS out of business continues.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Not every one has 2/3 of their listings under $3. Clearly your items may be more affected by shipping costs than some other seller's items.

My typical shipping cost for a single item is already higher than yours but not by much. I can absorb the less than 6% shipping rate increase.

I would probably ship most of the 45s by ground advantage. Media mail is something I use for heavy books, and I list far fewer books which are heavy because there are fewer books that I can sell for a price which makes dealing with heavy worthwhile.

For years and years, some megasellers of books go out of business after the January postage increases, and the world has lost nothing as a result. There are always purveyors of cheap read and throwaway books. Even Kindle has failed to kill all of the sellers of these off.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply