cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items not appearing high up on search despite being sponsored listings

I've noticed a sudden, large, and dramatic downturn in sales for the last week, so I decided to run a test on search results on Ebay for a few of my items. I did a search by typing in just a few of the words from my title ("80s color block sweater") on one of my items and it popped right up on the first page of the search results. However, when my husband runs the exact same search on his computer, my item appears buried way down on the third page, out of four pages, despite the fact that ALL my items are promoted items and I pay Ebay a whopping 10% of each sale. I had him try two other items as well, and same deal. Pops right up for me, but buried for him. So while Ebay is making it appear to me on my browser that everything is fine and my items are coming right up on search, on his computer, they are not coming up in a good position despite being promoted listings. How could I go about solving this problem? 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Items not appearing high up on search despite being sponsored listings

They,  and not only Ebay, are trying to create a browsing experience like in the stores.      They want more impulse shopping,  trying to show more of what they think you will like.     They also push items up that are selling.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Your items seem to be appearing nicely in search for me , although they're primarily showing up in the "promoted" section.

Just want to say, the "competition" claims in this case are silly. The problem is obviously not competition. These brands of items that the OP sells are not oversaturated. For me, only a single page comes up in search in most cases, and the first 1-2 Sponsored listings are the OP's.

I think the issue may be the search phrase that is being used - "80s color block sweater". This does not seem like it's filtering categories very well and is partially matching multiple ones. The search results seem to be showing a variety rather than "targeting". (Hope that makes sense!)

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@whatmorefabric wrote:

They,  and not only Ebay, are trying to create a browsing experience like in the stores.      They want more impulse shopping,  trying to show more of what they think you will like.     They also push items up that are selling.

@whatmorefabric 

Well my impulse was to hit delete 12 times... lol.   Spam, spam and more spam!

Sad - never once saw the one I clicked on again.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

That is not always the case I just promoted an item and search for it and it wasn’t even coming up at all on the page of that item

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@sunta2010   No buyer would ever search vintage 80s dress. Stick to listing more specific in what you are selling. Male/Female, size, manufacturer, design etc. NEVER on any internet site in the world will the results show up being vague as you described. Think of it as you are describing to a blind man and asking them what they want.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@thernand7   Tell us the name of the item so we can find it for you and prove it is there.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply