cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items ending with no views

I understand sales are slow but when multiple items end without even 1 view after 7 days and they are priced low something is wrong. This tells me these listings are not being seen.So to pay 30 cents to list and not getting any views that is quite scary. Ebay really needs to address this and explain the problem to the sellers.If people are looking but not buying I can try to fix it at my end but if they are not even seeing the listings I am at a loss.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Items ending with no views

@rdaneel wrote:

Well, here's a little twist on the topic. last night my item had 60 page views - this morning there were none. I believe there is some kind of software problem at ebay. I mean, we're paying for this service and it is failing.

Do you mean no additional views or the 60 page views was back to 0.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I can see 356 ended listings going back to Aug 3...what is it you CAN'T see?
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
I can see 356 ended listings going back to Aug 3...what is it you CAN'T see?

Is the buyer claiming there should have been 357 listings or 358, 359 etc.

Is she claiming it is showing under her ebay name but not when you put the item number in?

Is she claiming it did not index in to the category?

That is why she needs to elaborate further, hopefully with an item number so I can check it through different searches.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I am just trying to see if there is anything I can do to get my listings seen better.I guess I am assuming if they are seen that in 1 week someone would have viewed them.And like I said, after trying for 20 pages I could not find my listing today for a sterling belt buckle yet I found the same ad from a seller from India on all 20 pages.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Listings being hidden is a different scenario then not having strong titles to attract buyers or free shipping which raises your placement in search.

And like I keep asking can you give me the item numbert for the belt?

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I have that happen quite often. If it doesn't show a view when I go back in and look at the listing, I have a friend look, then it seems to start registering again. If she is not available, then I call CS and have them open up the listing, look at it and it starts registering again. This glitch for me has been going on for years....I just got tired of trying to explain to them why I am asking them to do this.
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Hi Laura, i see 101 items currently listed. If you are looking for ways to get more views, i would recommend you work on your photos. Some are too dark, especially on the jewelry items. If you can get tighter shots, that would be preferable. You have nice things and your pricing seems ok, so i would concentrate on improving the quality of the photos. Hope things improve for you, sending best wishes.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@laurabeardsley wrote:

I am just trying to see if there is anything I can do to get my listings seen better.I guess I am assuming if they are seen that in 1 week someone would have viewed them.And like I said, after trying for 20 pages I could not find my listing today for a sterling belt buckle yet I found the same ad from a seller from India on all 20 pages.

You can't find your listing because the most important key words are at the end of the title and not the first 4 words. Using vintage, beautiful ect... is not going to put your items in best match - you need to format the title so that the main keywords - Belt Buckle Silver are included in the first four words.

Watch count or views mean nothing- it's goofed up - I had 2 items sell today that had no views. I have items with watchers but no views - now they have to open my listing to click to add it to their watch list - which is considered a view.

Also your sell thru rate is much better than many of us here - so you are being seen as people are buying your items.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply