cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item specifics requirements

So it seems like every day eBay gives me a new list of items that will require new item specifics soon. I have been spending way too much time updating these listings.

In the clothing section, one of the new ones is " Department". The item is already listed under "woman" or "boy" or whichever category-why do I need to add this superfluous department field? Just pull the field automatically from the category the listing is listed under.

Plus some required fields were filled out when the item was originally listed. Where did the specifics go? Why am I reentering info?

Interestingly my other account (in other categories) has way less of this issue.

Anyone busy with this ad nauseum?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Item specifics requirements

Busy? You Bet!!  I took the time to create a Bunch of listings and fill in all of the item specifics required. Now I find out that a lot of those specifics that I filled out have been deleted and they want me to enter them again!!  This is ridiculous! Several months back they pulled this again on clothing sellers and as usual it was a disaster and I had to spend hours fixing ebays mess.  I have been selling on ebay since 2000 and every time ebay attempts a change, it usually turns into a disaster.  This kind of thing starts at the top.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It's ridiculous!

eBay techs could not figure out how to add the additional drop boxes without deleting what we already had filled in. I guess they decided to just make us do it. 

Two weeks ago, I only had one item. Today, I get hit with 60.

Funny thing is if you look at the listings details before editing, the fields are filled in to inform the shopper. Let alone photos and more information in the description area, but once you go into to edit, it's like everything is gone and your starting over. 

I've worked through half of mine so far. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

Funny thing is if you look at the listings details before editing, the fields are filled in to inform the shopper. Let alone photos and more information in the description area, but once you go into to edit, it's like everything is gone and your starting over. 

So you mean its all good until you actually decide to edit? That is insane 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Sorry you have to go through this. But there is a bright side. Assume everyone selling similar items is having the same problem and they are just as confused and irritated as you. So if you update, you might find less competition and better sales.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I would assume its more like: we are all irritated and all doing it anyway!

Come to think of it, That's actually a pretty good description of how eBay sellers have kept up with all ebay changes over the years!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I became so tired of trying to find where my particular item could fit in eBay's unusual categories that I finally started to write N/A. It works, it accepts it for now and I get that full circle of all items filled in. That was how I worked it out.... 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@smileytown18 

I would have given you 2 helpfuls but for some reason that is not permitted. On a related issue do you know if it is possible to leave eBay Unhelpfuls. I can't find that option anywhere!!

-Lotz

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@smileytown18 

I would have given you 2 helpfuls but for some reason that is not permitted. On a related issue do you know if it is possible to leave eBay Unhelpfuls. I can't find that option anywhere!!

@lotzofuniquegoodies lol! so how about 1 helpful instead??

which comment were you referring to? that deserved 2 helpfuls?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@smileytown18 

Oopsie. I may have double-clicked. It should be there now!!

-Lotz

Message 10 of 10
latest reply