cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item shows as paid, ship now but no payment showing in PayPal

I sold an item tonight ( YAY!!, such a rare thing to happen latley) I got the cha-ching! on my phone, the item was something I had at arms reach ( another rarity) so I packed and shipped right then.
I never pay attention to the fact I got no email from paypal saying I had a been paid, until I logged into my paypal to check my balance before donating to SharetheMeal ( excellent program BTW) and noticed my balance was much lower than it should have been. It seems eBay shows I was paid for the customers order but Paypal has no record.
I know there were other people with the issue, but I don't recall the resolution. Is this one of those things that fixes it's self or do I need to call paypal?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Item shows as paid, ship now but no payment showing in PayPal

Aaand I just realized I posted this in buying and not selling. I don't see where I can delete it so, sorry in advance.
4:30am blond moments are real, people. Here is your proof LOL
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Never ship anything until you log in to Paypal and find the transaction to obtain the ship-to address and Paypal transaction number. That said, have you verified that you provided the correct Paypal e-mail address in your listing?  Hover the cursor over the $ in My eBay so you can see it. Personally, I seldom look at eBay or Paypal e-mails and I always transfer funds from Paypal to my bank account before prepping an order. ~~C~~ 
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's a glitch in Paypal, another person posted in selling with the same issue.
The email address is correct, Lately sales are down but I sell at least 1 or 2 items a day, other transactions have worked just fine.

In 8 years or so of selling, I've managed to dodge most glitches, figures it happens when everything was going so smoothly. LOL
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@nicgola-0 wrote:
It's a glitch in Paypal, another person posted in selling with the same issue.

Has the payment shown up? I wouldn't assume a PayPal glitch for something that important just because one other person posted that they didn't get their payment; maybe you didn't mistype your email address, but maybe they did.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It showed up, shortly after I posted. Yey for not needing to call paypal.
The other person got theirs as well. It seems it was just a delay.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I had a delay earlier, about 15 minutes from Ebay chaching until the Paypal payment showed up. It happens every now and then.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 7
latest reply