cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item keeps selling but buyers don't pay

I have sold an item 5 times now and every time the winner hasn't paid. When I look at who has won its usually a new account with no buying history.  I contact them but get no reply. How can I prevent this from happening.  When I set up selling the item can I set it so that the buyer must have some sort of history.  Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

That is insanely bad luck. Sell it as buy it now, instant payment required. Or, turn on the option that required prepayment upfront. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Set listing as a Buy It Now with Immediate Payment Required.

No, you cannot set a 'minimum feedback' for buyers, but you can check the 'don't sell to buyers that have 2 unpaids in 12 months'

Look in your 'preferences' for that last one.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I'm with the others... use Buy it Now and enable your Immediate Payment Required option. Better luck ahead!

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

You don't mention it, so I have to ask:  When a buyer does not pay, you ARE cancelling, citing "buyer did  not pay" as your reason, right?  

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

You don't mention it, so I have to ask:  When a buyer does not pay, you ARE cancelling, citing "buyer did  not pay" as your reason, right?  

@soh.maryl 

Excellent question. This ^^^ action, @6681james is the very least you could do to help the most sellers. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I just clicked on your listing, also your sold items. nothing there to see! what was the 5 times sold item?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

You are in the UK so I don't see any of your sold listings or anything you have active and while can change my settings to do that this one is pretty easy regardless of what the item was. 

First you CAN NOT block buyers simply because they have 0 or low feedback. You can set to block buyers who have more than xx non-payment cases in the past xx months. 

As others mentioned you can always use the immediate payment required on BIN listings. You can also setup your account settings for autopay on best offers and auctions. This does have some tradeoffs which you can find discussed in a number of postings on this forum. To setup the autopay. 

To activate from your account settings go to selling preferences and click on it. 

Scroll down to Your buyers and managing who can buy from you and click on the edit

Scroll down until you see the following two boxes, check them and hit submit. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1702509378862.png

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thank you, ill do that in the future.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thank you, for getting back to me.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Correct. I am citing that the buyer didn't pay. 

It must have happened 3 times with the same item. The winning bidder (all different winners btw) have had 0 previous ebay purchases or sales.  It's as if they are just preventing me from selling the item. Anyway, it has sold for real now thankfully. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

The item that has sold 5 times was the Xbox that I have been trying to sell. Each time the winning bidder (All different winners) have had 0 previous sales or buying experience on Ebay. Almost like it's they were preventing me from selling the item using dummy accounts. If it happens once its unfortunate however, its happened time and time again with this item which is very odd. Thankfully, the item has now sold and the item dispatched.  Thanks for getting in touch.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

That's great advice, thank you very much for your assistance. It was just so frustrating. Thankfully the item has now sold. Thanks again.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply