cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item delivered and EBay ruled against seller

I sold an item in eBay.  Shipped with delivery confirmation and signature confirmation as instructed by eBay.  The tracking shows delivered to the individual.  The buyer filed a not received claim.  With tracking eBay found in my favor, then today issued a new ruling and sided with the buyer.  Buyer stated they are out of town and no one at there house.  They can’t even check if it is there or not.  How do I re-open the claim that eBay overturned? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The tracking proves it was delivered by the carrier.  Ebay's explicit policy states its up to the buyer to have a secure place to leave the package, its not the sellers responsibility.

You need to contact ebay again and appeal the ruling.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I can’t find where to reopen an appeal, and eBay keeps directing me to help articles and not a claim. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Use eBay’s custom service on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.   You should be able to send a private message explaing the problem.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Weird. The eBay bots shoulda caught this one, any INR with tracking that shows delivered should automatically be awarded to the seller, unless you didn’t actually upload the tracking into the response to the INR claim. Did you?

Sometimes even if your tracking is linked to the transaction and your transaction is linked to the claim, dumb eBay won’t connect the dots with tracking to the claim for you. You’ll need to manually upload it yourself into the claim details otherwise you could lose the claim.

Appeals is the answer but sorry I don’t know how else to get to appeals other than having an ebay callback. Good luck.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I had one of those and was unable to upload tracking as it was already there as I purchased it on eBay.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@rugerskick wrote:

The tracking proves it was delivered by the carrier.  Ebay's explicit policy states its up to the buyer to have a secure place to leave the package, its not the sellers responsibility.

You need to contact ebay again and appeal the ruling.

If you would be so kind, please provide a link to that eBay policy. I would like to bookmark it for future reference in case I run into such a situation. TIA

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@ginge555 

The buyer probably initiated a chargeback on their Credit card or Paypal account.  Pretty common these days.  Saw on TV that chargebacks are in the trillions of dollars.  Virtual thieves are everywhere.  It's out of control & sad. 

Sorry for your frustration.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply