cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item arrived after refund issued.

Buyer made a purchase that they got refunded for it not arriving. I appealed and won and have been refunded. The item showed up today, how can they pay eBay back?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

They can’t. They got a freebie.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

You appealed and won and was refunded? You are the buyer? If so, contact your seller and tell them you want to either return the item or pay them. 

If your the seller you can  intact the buyer and ask them to either return the item (on your dime) or repay you. Can’t force them to though. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

If you're the seller. You're supposed to be allowed to send a PayPal invoice since the transaction is done in eBay's eyes. Otherwise, can ask they mail a check maybe. Either can't be forced though. They may not pay.

If buyer. Can mail a check to sender address or see what the seller wants you to do.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Ebay doesn't have a way for them to do that.  They will be just fine and no harm will come to their account.  But make sure you extend a BIG thank you for being so darn honest.  That is wonderful and should be noted.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

If I read your note correctly.. 

You won the appeal, eBay refunded your money and paid the claim. 

The refund ended up being on eBay's dime.   Is that correct?

Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any way for your buyer to return the money to eBay.  

I would double check with eBay for business, on Facebook.  

However, I think they would probably write it off as good customer service. 

It is SOOO VERY COOL, that your buyer wants to return the money.  With all the negative posts, It is very nice to read something good.  

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Yes, that’s pretty much what happened! There is nowhere in a claim once closed to contact eBay which seems odd to me.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I won my appeal of him winning his case. He was out the card, but now has it and the $20 he paid and I hAve the $20 as well.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

It is fine.  There is nothing to be done here.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

it happened to me.  the status was delivered in the mailbox for a week and nothing was delivered. I asked for a refund,  got the refund and in another week or so the item appeared under my door...  maybe a neighbor took it by accident...   

not sure what to do now

case closed I think I can't contact the seller 

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

@mega-spy wrote:

it happened to me.  the status was delivered in the mailbox for a week and nothing was delivered. I asked for a refund,  got the refund and in another week or so the item appeared under my door...  maybe a neighbor took it by accident...   

not sure what to do now

case closed I think I can't contact the seller 

You can contact your seller.  You can offer to return it or if you want to keep it, you can repay them for the item by using PayPal, Venmo or any other payment source you both can agree on.  But you should make your seller whole.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

You can contact them from the item page, even though you can't through the case.  I don't know exactly how everything appears on a buyer-facing page like that, but click on the item name if it's clickable, or the order number, and it should let you get to the item page where you can click the Contact Seller link.  They can do what @mam98031 suggested, or even just put up a listing on eBay for you to buy that they can mark as shipped.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

You can contact them from the item page, even though you can't through the case.  I don't know exactly how everything appears on a buyer-facing page like that, but click on the item name if it's clickable, or the order number, and it should let you get to the item page where you can click the Contact Seller link.  They can do what @mam98031 suggested, or even just put up a listing on eBay for you to buy that they can mark as shipped.

Listing something on Ebay again for them to purchase will cost the seller fees.

@mega-spy  Can just go to their Purchased items.  Find the correct item and contact the seller from there.  This is something they should be able to easily work out with a little communication.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Wouldnt the seller have made a claim with USPS or whoever it was shipped with to get their money back?

I don't mind paying for an item refunded that did show up eventually, but if the sellers already gotten a refund then why should they get paid twice?

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

If it was a card then it isn't even ebay who paid it, was likely whoever they pay to insure the cards. I would stop worrying about it.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply