cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Not Received. Bot Overlords To Be activated. Just trying to Survive

I've had a problem in the past where my customer opened an item not received case. I communicated with him and let him know I'll refund him on. The day eBay says so. Well eBay must of refunded him that morning. And then hit my account for punishment. Even tho I was going to refund an hour or so after my claim against me went side ways... eBay stepped in and. Shook it's stick first. 

Anyway lesson learned... now if eBay says have it figured out by the 16th.... I'm refunding on the 15th at before 11:59....

I'm afraid I'll get beat by the ebay stick...

Ok...ok.. my biggest Question...

I don't wanna be afraid of that date. 

That final date 

If I just understood it more.

It doesn't give me a specific time on the date... Is this automated?...

Like today was my final day to resolve this. Customer dident want a refund. But I'm pressured by eBay to not have my account Punished. So I refunded today .. I dident want to. The customer dident want the refund today. But I'm bay **bleep** scared to have my account destroyed by eBay's bots...

How does this final day actually happen.. is it bots an automation?

I have previouse punishments defects on my account because to bot beat me to the punch. How can I know when the bot goes active. So I can wait till just before.

Anyone get what I'm saying ? 

Lol

When someone opens a Item Not received. And eBay says you have untill let's say DEC 16. When on say DEC 16 does the bot wake up? How's the process go?.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@brya_fonta 

Not sure, but I'm guessing it goes by the time the INR is filed.

Say they file it at 3 pm, I think you would have until 3 pm to refund on the day Ebay gave you.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

On an item not received you are supposed to answer with the Tracking Number. If tracking shows it still has movement, then they will tell (yes, the bots) the buyer to wait until xyz date. That new date is shown to you.

Also, what was the last estimated delivery date?

But, bottom line if you want to beat the date, yes- you have to beat the date by a full day. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Suppose my question should be.

There's great communication between buyer & seller.

Shipping is a bit late. (International)

INR was initiated.

Seller & Customer are doing fine. No money worries.... We can finish our sale outside of eBay.  Just as eBay has specifically advised in the past. Yep. Think about that.

Anyway....

Is there a precise time. When the bot refund occurs?

What's the timing based on? 

Is there a way to know the exact limit you can go before a bot takes over the refund process?

Seems like a simple question.

Most ppl here with questions are actually. Dealing with bots too.

Sorry about my typing. Half the time bots are re arranging my words 😜 haha

As a buyer

Is there a way to know.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You found the answer the hard way. There is no written policy about it. Best to refund the day before as the bots can do it at 12:01 am on the 16th, so even if it says the 16th, best to do it on the 15th. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@brya_fonta 

Not sure, but I'm guessing it goes by the time the INR is filed.

Say they file it at 3 pm, I think you would have until 3 pm to refund on the day Ebay gave you.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes I found the answer the hard way, few years back. Then a year later. The INR process & eBay customer service, had me complete a sale. Outside of eBay.

& I'm recently in that situation again. 

& Was curiouser if maybe there was a page that showed you your exact deadline including the Time. Not just the date. But we can assume. 12:01 or any random time after.

That's estimate & I was looking for a dead on number.

I hope I'm not bothering the community. With noob questions 😜

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You might have the solution.

I'm not trying to make my customer 'wait' till the last minute for there refund.

If I customer asks to cancel an order I do it right away. No questioned asked.

They want a refund. They get one. 

But when a customer clicks INR and does not want a refund. It complicates things. Like forced refund. & Then item arrives that day.  Quite the process. & So far this is all completed outside of eBay. 

Suppose another question I could ask. I had my buyer ask me how to cancel the INR he initiated. All I can think is. Your probably have to state you received the item. When you actually dident & that would not be in the buyers best interest.

If your answer is correct. 48 hours after the INR was initiated is the exact time limit on the refund. Down to the minute.

So in a situation buyer does not want a refund. Sellers can explain they will be getting one by this time... & The process outside of eBay that occurs after Like using PayPal again, To complete a transaction. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply