cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item I sold was not eligible for returns. Buyer is asking for return. How do I deny it?

I sold a computer mouse. Auction was listed as 'seller does not accept returns'. Buyer claims it was defective and is asking for a return. I used the mouse and it was not defective and would like to close the return request. When I respond to the request I see no option to close the return. The only options I see are: Accept the return, Offer another item just like it, Offer a different item, Give a full refund, Offer a partial refund, & Send the buyer a message. I did send the buyer a message suggesting to contact the manufacturer for support. The return detail says to take action by Jan. 7. Is this considered 'taking action'?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Item I sold was not eligible for returns. Buyer is asking for return. How do I deny it?

Accept the return.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The buy are filed a significantly not as described case against you. You have no choice but to accept the return. The eBay money-back guarantee trump's a seller's no return policy.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You have to take the return and pay return shipping.  If that costs you more than the mouse is worth, you issue a refund.

The buyer filed SNAD (item not as described/defective) and you have no options; it's the ebay Money Back Guarantee which overrides your "no returns."

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The ebay money back guarantee covers all of your items and is described on the listings.   It covers not as described returns / claims. 

Your return policy of no returns only applies to remorse returns.  If the buyer merely changed his mind, you would be able to deny the return.  The reason they chose in your return does not permit a denial.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Alright, I accepted the return. I don't like it. Had to pay for return shipping which was over $8. Currently considering exiting out of eBay and sticking with Amazon.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@seng_bl wrote:

What if the item I received back has, say the box missing, which hurts resale value. Would I be able to issue a partial refund?

If it's defective, why would you want to try and resell?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@seng_bl wrote:

Alright, I accepted the return. I don't like it. Had to pay for return shipping which was over $8. Currently considering exiting out of eBay and sticking with Amazon.

Amazon has higher fees and a far harsher return policy. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Defective comes under not as described and the MBG overrides all no returns policies. 

You can accept the return and pay return shipping, and refund item price and original shipping, or you can refund without requiring a return and just refund the item price and original shipping.  I doubt the buyer will consider going to the manufacturer a viable solution.  The sale was between you and the manufacturer, and you sold it to the buyer.  So this is between you and the buyer.  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@seng_bl wrote:

You may want to reconsider. Amazon's return policies are much stricter.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply