cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Erroneously Identified as Counterfeit/ Reproduction

We are trying to list a case from Otterbox for an iPhone 11 that I bought for my wife at Best Buy.  About a week after I gave it to her, her iPhone 11 stopped working and she switched to an iPhone 14.  We have photos of the case in and out of the original box.   When we pushed the "list it" button, it failed to list and referred us to a policy regarding counterfeit items and reproductions - neither of which pertains to our item!  

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Item Erroneously Identified as Counterfeit/ Reproduction

@greatmidwestcoin wrote:

Well, after reading this post I won't be buying OtterBox products in the future. Once I pay for something I have the right to resell it, unless the company has a buy-back guarantee. OB doesn't put any "no-resale" warnings on their product labels. eBay may restrict you as it is their sandbox, but I would take OB to court and win. In either case, I just won't buy their products anymore. That's ridiculous. If I was the OP I would simply throw it away after posting it everywhere.

I agree, there are several namebrand products I will never buy again for exactly the reasons you just stated.

It seems so silly, these companies so worried their precious product will be "cheapened" by the very people who bought it, seems to me they believe their own customers are the enemy. Amazing how they can survive with this attitude, I am pretty sure if I thought of my customers as enemies I wouldn't be around long.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply