cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s true. Everything you all have been saying is true

I’ve seen you all say if you want to sell list list list. Well, apparently it’s true. The last few weeks I was listing almost everyday & I was selling. Now I’ve had the flu & haven’t listed for several  days, sales have stopped. I can’t wait to get better & get back to listing to see if it really happens again. I was never really that serious about selling before but as we get older DH needs to retire because working is killing him so I need to bring in money. He hasn’t worked a full week in a year or more. You all know I have my health issues but he’s quite a bit older than I am, diabetic, heart issues etc... He needs to stop working soon. I know eBay won’t make a living for us so I’m diversifying to find what does work (sorry eBay but it’s true).

Say a prayer for my sick family please. Thanks everyone! 

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I am so sorry Patricia. You have an awful lot on your plate and I certainly will say prayers for you and your dear HB to get on better footing as soon as possible.

It is correct that the more you list the more sellers you get. I've been trying to add items every single day and it seems to be paying off. 

I hope you can get back to your blooming business as soon as possible.

Ann

slight_smile

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Hope you get better soon Patricia! Congrats on all those sales, hope they pick up again after you’ve recovered! 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

My thoughts are for you and yours.

I think that part of ebay's algorithm for search placement is if you do something with your account and listings every day.  I have noticed it everywhere I sell. 

If you tweak a listing after 15 days, it will bump up.  Sort of like rearranging your live world antique booth and suddenly it looks like you have filled it with new interesting items people overlooked.

Think positive vibes and they will come back to you.

(*Bleep*)
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Oh, Patricia, SO very sorry to hear you have the flu!  That's awful!  I pray that God will restore you to good health very quickly!  

In the meantime, take it easy and don't fret.  Try to take naps and sleep.  Your body heals itself while you are sleeping.  Personally, I favor chicken noodle soup! (Extra noodle, of course!)

My heart goes out to you and your DH for your situation and troubles, and I wish you all the best in the future.  God is with you even when you don't feel He is.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Sending good wishes for a speedy recovery.

For now, rest and get well.

And then, list, list, list.

Does make sense for people like me who search new every day.  When I see something I like I also check out their other listings.  Many times it is not only the initial item, but something else also  catches

my interest. 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@mg152

My wife works in a medical call center, the flu this year is real bad.

But yes, listing on a regular basis seems to increase sales.

Every day I look at the aircraft parts catagory.

And I sort by new listings.

You get eyes on a new listing, chances are good they will look at your other items.

Chicken noodle soup does help.  And a big shot of sour mash don't hurt.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Thank you! It seems we go through a lot, it calms down for a while them BOOM! It’ll pass, I just feel like death warmed over right now.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Thank you Jen! It wasn’t a lot of money but it gave me a reason to keep working on listing. I hope to be back at it this weeekend. Been in bed all day today.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Thank you & I think you’re right. The more positive I am the more I can get listed & the more sales I get. Like I said earlier it’s not much money but 13 sales for me in less than 60 days is a lot these days. I’ll get back on it in a day or 2. I have a lot of great items (in my opinion) that I need to list. 1 sale was an item I paid .49 for at the thrift. I didn’t think much of it except it was cute. It sold for $12 including shipping so I got over $11 profit. It doesn’t sound like much money but that’s a huge ROI. I’ll take those sales anyway over risking hundreds of dollars. 

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

Oh, Patricia, SO very sorry to hear you have the flu!  That's awful!  I pray that God will restore you to good health very quickly!  

In the meantime, take it easy and don't fret.  Try to take naps and sleep.  Your body heals itself while you are sleeping.  Personally, I favor chicken noodle soup! (Extra noodle, of course!)

My heart goes out to you and your DH for your situation and troubles, and I wish you all the best in the future.  God is with you even when you don't feel He is.

Thank you! I know what you say is true even though it’s hard to believe sometimes.  I can’t eat anything right now but I’m trying to drink. My son had this flu forever it seemed like then hubby got it & I thought I’d escaped it. We all had our flu shots too but they warned us that we might still get sick. Keep the prayers coming. 😀

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

Sending good wishes for a speedy recovery.

For now, rest and get well.

And then, list, list, list.

Does make sense for people like me who search new every day.  When I see something I like I also check out their other listings.  Many times it is not only the initial item, but something else also  catches

my interest. 

Thank you! I appreciate your thoughts very much. Keep the good thoughts coming, I need them right now. 😀

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@sockmonkeydavewrote:

@mg152

You get eyes on a new listing, chances are good they will look at your other items.

Right now I could go for a big drink of moonshine myself. Too bad I don’t have any, it seems to cure anything. Thanks for thinking of me, it makes me feel not so alone to know people care. Send moonshine! Lol! 😂😂😂

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@mg152wrote:

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

Thank you! I know what you say is true even though it’s hard to believe sometimes.  I can’t eat anything right now but I’m trying to drink. My son had this flu forever it seemed like then hubby got it & I thought I’d escaped it. We all had our flu shots too but they warned us that we might still get sick. Keep the prayers coming. 😀

This may or may not make you feel better, but it might amuse you somewhat.

I had the flu several years ago.  I had never had a flu shot because I am prone to allergies, so would be congested in the Fall when it comes out and was reluctant to add that to the mix.  I got the flu and had it for six months!  That made a believer out of me, and I have had a flu shot ever since.

It is very important to stay hydrated!  So your drinking is good.  Try to eat a little something, too.  

I have been through some rough times that I never thought I would get through, and I have found that there are still blessings in the midst of incredible pain.  

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@mg152wrote:

@sockmonkeydavewrote:

@mg152

Right now I could go for a big drinkSmiley Happy of moonshine myself. Too bad I don’t have any, it seems to cure anything. Thanks for thinking of me, it makes me feel not so alone to know people care. Send moonshine! Lol! 😂😂😂

Send moonshine...where is Mr C when you need him?Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 23
latest reply