cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It just never ends

While ATTEMPTING to list an item using the "Sell Similar" option on one of MY current items I get 1/2 way thru it to the auction or buy it now box and chose the buy it now to list in my store and as I set here typing this message it is still going round and round and unable to complete the listing, this is the third attempt....sure I could go start from scratch and cross my fingers, but in the interest of sellers wasting their time tearing their hair out trying to figure out if it is ebay or their system,,,,99% of the time it is ebay, just can't leave things alone that work.....

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It just never ends

this is the third attempt....sure I could go start from scratch

Yes.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

It just never ends

I'd shut down the browser and restart it.......sometimes they get a bad link and then keep trying to use it.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It just never ends

Is your browser clean and updated? Sometimes the coding gets stuck on a bad cookie or something. You could also try another browser.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It just never ends

I have had the problem yesterday. I exit and enter eBay site. But....this is important...make sure listing was posted or not. Sometimes the posting gets listed and then you have 2 listings for same item posted. 

This is where sellers say "my item sold twice".....so be careful.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It just never ends

Perhaps if you shut down your browser and start again your partial listing should show up as a draft that you can complete.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

It just never ends

Always problems with this platform. Recently one of my new listings was posted twice in a row upon submitting. It was only submitted once.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

It just never ends

So I start from scratch today on the same item and get this message when I hit the list it button...

ebay does not like when you try to cut and paste their messages! so I will just retype it anyhow!

"Well this is embarrassing.
We're sorry, but the listing tool isn't working right this second. (make that years)
Please try again later"

In 27 years of being on ebay it has increasingly become a challenge to use ebay and problem after problem day after day the amount of time sellers waste...I consider myself to be well experienced at using this place and a number of workarounds to defeat the stupidity. It amazes me that the platform does not just collapse completely
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

It just never ends

LOL using my own advise of think outside the box, I did just that and listed the item where I wanted it listed instead of where they wanted listed and presto 1st time attempt and went right through just now. Added to work around list....

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It just never ends

Yes I have had that happen as well and then bang someone buys it and I tear my hair out wonder where it went, do some research in archives to see if one sold and sure enough the identical listing and since it was already sold and no more to send...you get stuck in the middle through no fault of your own....

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

It just never ends

Was it the magazine that you now have listing in

dhbookds_0-1701190150625.png

?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply