cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Israeli buyer not allowed to pay?

0D2CD0E4-B423-4BD4-B5B3-9E170871326F.jpeg

 Hi everyone, this was the message my buyer got when she went to checkout. I sent her another invoice and she got the same message again. So she changed the address to a us destination and I’m nervous about that. However it is still not letting her pay. What to do?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Israeli buyer not allowed to pay?

Do/did you have Israel blocked on your list of approved countries on your listing?? I recently sold and ship an item to Tel Aviv without any problems.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hi, no I don’t. I don’t have any on my blocked 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I ran into a similar issue a few weeks ago.  I was attempting to purchase a laptop stand for my father and the Seller was from Egypt.  I had two items in my cart to pay for paid, then I noticed one (1) item (the laptop stand) was still there.  I thought that I did not pay attention, so I paid again and when I checked my email, I had two (2) from PP stating, the item could not be paid due to regulations.   Egypt was on the list that the United States could not purchase from.  They allowed the seller to list it here, but not accept payment/ship.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thank you very much for sharing. How did you resolve it? 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Make sure you don't have foreign currencies blocked in PayPal.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Hi, I do not. Thanks for the suggestion. 
is it alright if she changes to a US destination? As long as it’s in PayPal?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

The message 'she got from ebay', are you sure it was sent to her from ebay - the originating address?  Or, is it something she made up and sent to you? 

Israel has been on the no-shipping list due tot he pandemic, though I don't know if it still is.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I didn’t think of that, thank you. I’ll see if she can pay when it’s the US destination. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Actually, the point to which I was alluding is whether it is an actual ebay message or something that she faked to obtain off-site information for a fake payment notification.  Just make sure that you login to PayPal - not by any link, either - to verify any payment you are suppose to receive, prior to shipping anyplace.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Thank you Gracie. She’s now requesting to send me payment to my email through PayPal. Is that acceptable?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

No. A buyer doesn't need to send you payment any other way than by going through the ebay checkout.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Ebay added a list of blocked locations a while ago to everyone's listings so if you look at your listing, you will see Israel is on that list.  The list doesn't seem to correlate with the USPS list of service disruptions so I don't know what their reasoning is.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

NO.  99% chance it is a scam.  To be followed by a fake PayPal e-mail saying you've been paid and it will be released just as soon as you upload tracking to prove shipping.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply