cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any channel where u can share bulk stuff with other ebay sellers

Yeah so I just bought like 70 Braided brand-new Halloween baskets for 2 USD each and I might wanna share some of them with other sellers on ebay.

Can I do that here in this forum?

Or is there some ebay discord or something that I should know about?

baskets11.jpgbasket22.jpg

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there any channel where u can share bulk stuff with other ebay sellers

Just some ideas if you're still wanting to sell these to other sellers:

List here on eBay but offer local pickup only (no shipping). Depending on where you live, you may or may not stir up some interest. It's worth a try as it's not going to cost you to list an auction item--and shouldn't cost extra if you have a store subscription.

If that's not going to work for you, here are some other ideas: 

Spray paint them and use them for gift baskets for birthdays, Christmas, etc. Fill them with a few sheets of tissue paper and add goodies like scented bath products, small candles, little packs of crackers/cheese/sausage, etc.

Around home or work, paint them festive colors, fill with paper or "Easter grass," and add holiday treats or cookies, handmade ornaments, fancy loafs (banana, etc.), or whatever else. 

Again with the spray paint, and add filler material and dollar store or inexpensive goodies like small toys or fancy stickers or similar and take them to local homeless or DV victims' shelters and hand out to kids, teens, etc. with age-appropriate goodies.

Paint and filler, etc. (not not, depending on your preference) and add a handwritten note and a couple of goodies (baked goods, hot chocolate packs, etc.) and take them to any new neighbors who move in as a welcome gift.

And one more time with the spray paint and filler. Add inexpensive items like toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, pens/pencils, small notebooks, USB charging cords, card games, paperback books, warm socks, mittens, etc. and hand out to homeless people or a homeless shelter in your area. 

Oh, yeah. Almost forgot. You can use them as Easter baskets.

To any of these, add some inexpensive curling ribbon or other decorations to make the baskets even "cooler" and make them look less "cheap." At $2 a pop, they are far cheaper than going to the store to buy a nice gift bag for whatever gift you're giving, not to mention all of the extras that usually go along with that. Attach a small gift tag with twine or string or ribbon and save the $5 to $8 that greeting cards usually run.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS

1. Study the baskets' construction carefully, then carefully disassemble each one and put the parts for each in a separate bag or container.

2. Find a local community college or community center that has a swimming pool.

3. Sign up as an instructor.

4. Call your class "Underwater Basketweaving 101" and charge $50 per person.

5. The next term, add a new class to your instructor's repertoire and call it "Creating Big Profits From Others' Junk" and charge $100 per person. 

6. Drop the mic and walk away.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

You can't do this here, you can list as a lot and see if sellers are interested in buying them, I don't think you can find many sellers wanting Halloween baskets, it cost more than it's worth to ship.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Just curious why you think an Ebay seller would want a Halloween basket. Give them to neighbors, family, and friends around you.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Cos I found an og box of 1950s sunglasses unopened so I need to have some extra cash to be a player at that Lot.

But yeah I will keep like 25-30 baskets anyways.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

List here on eBay but offer local pickup only (no shipping). Depending on where you live, you may or may not stir up some interest. It's worth a try as it's not going to cost you to list an auction item--and shouldn't cost extra if you have a store subscription.

Spray paint them and use them for gift baskets for birthdays, Christmas, etc. Fill them with a few sheets of tissue paper and add goodies like scented bath products, small candles, little packs of crackers/cheese/sausage, etc.

Around home or work, paint them festive colors, fill with paper or "Easter grass," and add holiday treats or cookies, handmade ornaments, fancy loafs (banana, etc.), or whatever else. 

Again with the spray paint, and add filler material and dollar store or inexpensive goodies like small toys or fancy stickers or similar and take them to local homeless or DV victims' shelters and hand out to kids, teens, etc. with age-appropriate goodies.

Paint and filler, etc. (not not, depending on your preference) and add a handwritten note and a couple of goodies (baked goods, hot chocolate packs, etc.) and take them to any new neighbors who move in as a welcome gift.

And one more time with the spray paint and filler. Add inexpensive items like toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, pens/pencils, small notebooks, USB charging cords, card games, paperback books, warm socks, mittens, etc. and hand out to homeless people or a homeless shelter in your area. 

To any of these, add some inexpensive curling ribbon or other decorations to make the baskets even "cooler" and make them look less "cheap." At $2 a pop, they are far cheaper than going to the store to buy a nice gift bag for whatever gift you're giving, not to mention all of the extras that usually go along with that. Attach a small gift tag with twine or string or ribbon and save the $5 to $8 that greeting cards usually run.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS

1. Study the baskets' construction carefully, then carefully disassemble each one and put the parts for each in a separate bag or container.

5. The next term, add a new class to your instructor's repertoire and call it "Creating Big Profits From Others' Junk" and charge $100 per person. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

If you paid $2.00 (USD) each for them, you paid a premium price for them.  Anyhow, list them for sale as a wholesale lot if you think they'd be of interest to eBay resellers, for some reason. 

-

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Try the eBay subreddit.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

No you can't advertise here & no, there's no Discord server.  Sellers do their own sourcing for the categories they are interested in.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@cascade_jewelry wrote:

IF ALL ELSE FAILS

VERY imaginative

That type of Outside the Box thinking is, IMHO, why some people here succeed and others, failing that whimsy, seems to struggle.

Good job.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I might just keep them all and fill them with vintage and antique smalls and sell them as Grandma´s/Grandpa´s Junk Braided Basket Lot. 

If that doesn't work I will go for the Underwater Basketweaving.  😀😂

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

If you paid $2.00 (USD) each for them, you paid a premium price for them.  Anyhow, list them for sale as a wholesale lot if you think they'd be of interest to eBay resellers, for some reason. 

I didn't want to burst the op's bubble but $2 each is way too much.

They only measure about 4" across.

Not a whole lot of goodies can fit in there.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@richard1rst 

lol, that's what I was thinking, putting lipstick on a pig and trying to sell it as horse.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

I didn't want to burst the op's bubble but $2 each is way too much.

They only measure about 4" across.

Not a whole lot of goodies can fit in there.

Exactly.  For resale, I think more than 20 cents is too much for these.   OP has some unique items, but in this particular case, I'm not sure why anyone in the US would pay to ship a tiny basket from Sweden, when they are a dime a dozen here.  But, maybe these are special & I'm missing something. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I guess you are all right. Now that I have checked the baskets better they are in pretty bad condition. All dried up. I tried to pick one up and it just fell apart lol. 

I guess Underwater Basketweaving is the only option left... 😉 (or I just donate them to the charity shop).

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I have never seen any kid carry a basket on Halloween.  These are useless.  These would be hard to sell at a dollar store for a buck.  No one is going to pay shipping for those ugly baskets too.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply