cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to switch back to the "Classic" listing format? This new one is horrendous

I know for a while you could "Try" the new listing tool and then switch back to classic (Which i did immediately) but i just went to complete a draft and i didn't see a way to switch back. I also went to just start a new listing and the same thing - why would we be forced to use this new "Tool"?

It already takes far too long to list items with all these ridiculous item specifics but this new system seems like a cruel joke. I list on the PC, if i wanted to use a listing tool like the new one i'd just list from my phone. I tried listing from my phone and it was horrible. If you want to use the app by all means use the app but us DESKTOP sellers need a listing tool that works for us and this new tool ISN'T IT!

Please tell me there is a way to opt out or some sort of work around to go back to "Classic"

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Is there a way to switch back to the "Classic" listing format? This new one is horrendous

@thevintageparadise 

if you want to get back the old listing page, go to the following link:

Old Listing Tool 

Good Luck..

("Winter Is Coming")

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Sorry, no work around that I know of to get Classic view, it appears to be history.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@thevintageparadise 

if you want to get back the old listing page, go to the following link:

Old Listing Tool 

Good Luck..

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Hallelujah!!! Thanks so much!
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@thevintageparadise 

You welcome..

Rami..

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

The new listing tool is here to stay so you might as well get used to using it.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Putting in part #'s (think interchange, old part numbers, compatible models) is absolutely horrendous vs the old way.  Keep the new look, with the old functionality.  These fields are absolutely paramount to getting customer's to our listing.  eBay if you're listening - fix this.  Also why do you have to reselect the shipping options on both international and domestic?  Seems like a huge oversight to me.  If you're getting paid a salary of more than 100k/y to oversee this project I hope you read this and feel personally attacked because you're doing a terrible job.  I'm mostly kidding.  I love selling on eBay but there are so many things wrong with this new listing tool that may be easier for the average everyday "garage sale" seller but as for small business - this feels bad.  

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

It is horrible!!! When selling a similar item it will not let me change the brand, no matter what I do. Messed with it for 15 minutes, then I just gave up. You may be able to get to classic now, but it will not last long. 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Great, thanks!

Is there a way to edit the existing listing using the old listing (or old edit) tool?

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@bestoffer_24 

@bestoffer_24 wrote:

Great, thanks!

Is there a way to edit the existing listing using the old listing (or old edit) tool?

I don't think so, you need to re-list them again by using the old listing tool.

Good luck.

Rami.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Thank you, thank you!

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@norge8 

@norge8 wrote:

Thank you, thank you!

You welcome!

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Thank you. Will it stay on this or do I have to keep going back?

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@beachislandtreasures 

You welcome.

unfortunately, you have to using the link every time.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Clicking on this link doesn't take you back to the old listing format anymore.☹️🙄💀

Message 15 of 21
latest reply