cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to opt out of "good till cancelled" and just run 30 day auctions?

Cant I just post a 30 day auction without doing a good till cancelled?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Is there a way to opt out of "good till cancelled" and just run 30 day auctions?

No
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Is there a way to opt out of "good till cancelled" and just run 30 day auctions?

@aallan wrote:

Cant I just post a 30 day auction without doing a good till cancelled?

The maximum auction duration is 10 days.

If you want a customized fixed price listing that ends 30 days or sooner, then (a) use the 30-day Good Till Cancelled option, (b) set a reminder on your phone/calendar, (c) end the listing before it relists.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

1.  If you can find a 30 day auction format  go for it.  The longest auction time I ever found was 10 days.  There are  shorter duration auctions times  like 1,3,5,7 days

2.  Fixed price listings were always 30  days since I started selling on eBay in 2010.  Now  they are GTC with a 30 day auto renew unless you cancel.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Folks have been compiling about this since its inception.They are worn down as there has been no response from Washington (Ebay).

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If you go into your " Automation Preferences" there is the option to not relist your items automatically. Don't know if it works, but worth a shot. I prefer the GTC.  I think something in the code or search function is causing all the drops in sales and traffic. But who knows.

Listings automation schedule   Suspend my items from being automatically listed and relisted.   Starting:  

at

eBay.com Time (PDT). Ending:  

at

eBay.com Time (PDT).  
 Copy my automation rules during relist or sell similar. Note: To resume your listing automation, simply uncheck your suspension preferences.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

OR LIKE ESTY, YOU ARE ONLY ONE TIME EVER THREE MONTHS. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

eBay is in calif

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Since your item listings are in the GTC duration with a fixed price BIN and/or Best Offer format, you would actually have to end the listings and change the duration to 30 days. Keep in mind that you will have to relist your items every 30 days because they will not automatically relist every month.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply