cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a restriction or limit to how much I can sell with promoted listings?

I received this message about promoted listings. The line of text below "Don't let sales slip away" caught my attention just before I hit the delete button: "Promote more to help sell up to $150 of your inventory." (emphasis mine)
Is this limit on how much I can sell via promoted listings a new policy? 
Or is this ebay accidentally admitting that they limit our sales? 
Or what?

Promoted listings.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is there a restriction or limit to how much I can sell with promoted listings?

Have not seen your specific promotion but all sellers have selling limits.  These seller limits override any store subscriptions and or promotions you might receive.

You can check you selling limits from the seller hub.  look for a section that addresses this issue specifically.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Is there a restriction or limit to how much I can sell with promoted listings?

Sellers can promote fixed price listings for most categories except Vehicles, Real Estate, Travel, and Everything Else categories. Auction and Auction Buy It Now listings are not eligible at this time. When you create a Promoted Listings campaign, only listings that are eligible for the service will appear in your selection view.

ps://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/promoted-listings.html#m22_tb_a1__1

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

Have not seen your specific promotion but all sellers have selling limits.  These seller limits override any store subscriptions and or promotions you might receive.

You can check you selling limits from the seller hub.  look for a section that addresses this issue specifically.

Good Luck Selling!

My limit per month is more than I sold total in 2018. No where close to listing number limit for this month or to sales limit (though I'm thankful for the two sales yesterday and today, otherwise I had one sale in the previous 22 days).

This message wasn't a promotion, just an informational message -  I'm guessing trying to get me to promote my listings again. I had promoted quite a few items in 2018 and the first quarter of 2019.  I took promotions off when sales started crashing and I noticed that my promoted items weren't pulling up on searches (when searches were really messed up). I had never seen a limit or restriction on the amount I could sell via promoted listings. I'd have to go back to past months, but I'm fairly sure I've sold more than $150 in a given month on promoted listings. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Perhaps the limitations is for the first $150.00 and all transactions after that are not included in the promotion?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

Perhaps the limitations is for the first $150.00 and all transactions after that are not included in the promotion?

If it were a promotion I would understand that, but it is not. It is just advertising Promoted Listings. The bottom half of the page is the following video Promoted Listings Video . That's it. No promotion to activate, just an infomercial.
 promoted listings 2.JPG

Message 6 of 6
latest reply