cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Ebay postage not figuring out the correct amount for shipping for anyone else here?

On Sunday I was preparing to ship items out to my customers. I had a two items where the postage was so far off from the initial price that the customer paid, I was getting frustrated.  I had the correct weight and box measurement when I listed the item.  For example: one of my items showed that the customer paid $15.76 for USPS Parcel ground shipping.  Then the postage showed what was due for shipping the item that way was $38.10!  That's a huge difference!  I ended up mailing the item through Fed-Ex since it was less expensive.  But that still put me in the hole for the item they bought.  I had another one that was just as far off this one. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it just me? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Is the Ebay postage not figuring out the correct amount for shipping for anyone else here?

$15.76 is the cost to ship 4 pounds to Zone 7, and $38.10 is the cost to ship 12 pounds to Zone 7.  That sure looks like a shift to dimensional weight.  So double-check the package dimensions in the listing and on the label page.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The weight was 2 lbs. 6 ounces, so I don't know why it showed such a high amount. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@fun-snowbunny wrote:

The weight was 2 lbs. 6 ounces, so I don't know why it showed such a high amount. 

What were the dimensions?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Again check the dimensions.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@fun-snowbunny wrote:

Dimensions  Dimensions  Dimensions

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@fun-snowbunny 

What are the measurements of the box? Length, width and height.

And the to/from zip codes.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

OMG... and this is why I do my best to only buy and sell little small things...

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@cynthealee2 wrote:

OMG... and this is why I do my best to only buy and sell little small things...

What?  If you get the proper information into the calculator, you should be just fine.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

LOL... 15.00 to ship something?  I'll go to wal-mart and get it.

If I won't pay it, I assume other's won't either, and buy things that will ship for MUCH less.  If it weighs a lb or more I won't buy it.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@cynthealee2 wrote:

LOL... 15.00 to ship something?  I'll go to wal-mart and get it.

If I won't pay it, I assume other's won't either, and buy things that will ship for MUCH less.  If it weighs a lb or more I won't buy it.

Not everyone has that option.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply