cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth it to open a store?

Thinking about opening a basic store again. They claim lower final value fees, but it's still 14.55% in the music category I mostly sell in. The only advantages seem to be 750 more listings per month and free shipping supplies. What else?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If you can use the extra listings then yes.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I tried to upgrade, but they said they have to be a seller for 3 months. I have 35 100% feedback but I guess I still have to wait

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes. Opening a store does not change selling limits. So, for a new seller it's a waste of fees until they can list enough to make use of it.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Until then, you may want to consider a "check out my other music" link somewhere in your listing.

It's kinda like having your own store.

Good luck! 

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Others will disagree, but I think signing up for a store increases your search visibility.

A lot of factors increase visibility but most are an eBay secret. I think it makes sense that eBay would show people who pay more and are professional enough to have a store.

We've upgraded to an anchor store for the holidays and we won't be using about 7000 of those free listings.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thought they got rid of (ebay illegal?) 'links' in listings??

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Unless he meant basically an extra “see my other listings on EBay?”

Lets face it, between outside ads, promoted listings, and a general lack of site knowledge, I bet many buyers/browsers miss the View Listings link

Message 8 of 8
latest reply