cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to switch from bussines to private account on ebay?

Any way to switch bussines account into private one? I see some youtube tutorials but they are outdated. There 's no edit option under account type anymore. Did ebay ban this or? Any other way i could perform this?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is it possible to switch from bussines to private account on ebay?

Since private accounts  are mostly used for buying, why not just open a new account and only buy with it?

It would have been helpful to mention that you are in Croatia.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Because i can not verify my bussines account (for some reason) so I have to switch to private so I can start sell my products again...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@smallaudiomanufacture wrote:
Any way to switch bussines account into private one? I see some youtube tutorials but they are outdated. There 's no edit option under account type anymore. Did ebay ban this or? Any other way i could perform this?

If there is no "Edit" option under account type, then no, you can't change it.

I'm not sure it has ever been possible to change a business account to an individual account, anyway. This is explicitly stated on the eBay IE website (see below), and I think eBay USA probably has the same policy. However, eBay USA policy doesn't make much difference between individual and business accounts, because it was mostly EU and UK policies for business sellers that made it important. You can upgrade an individual account to a business account, but you can't change it the other way.

https://www.ebay.ie/pages/help/account/how-to-register-business.html

FYI, a "private" account usually refers to feedback set to private. You can't sell with your feedback set to private. Sellers have to have visible feedback pages.

FYI, for some countries, it appears that sellers are required to have business accounts. I don't know if that applies for your country or not, but it's something to be aware of.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I was a private, or individual seller for years. Then, month ago, I switched to bussines account (what a **bleep** mistake) and they just can't verify my account (no matter what I do) so now i want to get it back it private or individual as the procedure of verification is alot easier....

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@smallaudiomanufacture, as I said, I don't think it is possible to change it back.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply