cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is eBay shortening the listing time?

Hours or even days are being taken off the time an item runs after it's posted. Anyone else experience this?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Is eBay shortening the listing time?

The time starts ticking at the time you set it to start.  And there can be a delay as to when it actually indexes in.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@tiktakyak wrote:

Hours or even days are being taken off the time an item runs after it's posted. Anyone else experience this?

Can you provide an example because in 19 years I have NEVER seen anything like this, never heard a report of something like this, not even a few seconds never mind hours or days.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@tiktakyak wrote:

No. Can you give us some examples from your listings?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@tiktakyak wrote:

Not ever.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@tiktakyak wrote:

Hours or even days are being taken off the time an item runs after it's posted. ...

eBay doesn't do that.  But a seller can end a listing at any time.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I just lost about 25 minutes looking over your knives. Maybe it's you.

< insert emoji with santa hat here >

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Have you ever checked for it to verify it doesn't happen?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I snipe bids all the time and have never seen an auction end before its scheduled moment. I also look at a lot of bid histories over the course of responding to discussion board posts, and have never seen an auction end early except when it was done deliberately by the seller.  

Since you are the one who said this is happening, we figure you're the one who should be able to  come up with just one single example?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@tiktakyak wrote:

Have you ever checked for it to verify it doesn't happen?

I know exactly when my auctions begin, and I watch every one end, so yes, I've checked, and what you're describing has never happened to me.

Taking one of your own completed, unsold listings as an example, your lot of 12 Hot Wheels cars in listing 382626725707, eBay says that it ended today at 3:26 PM Pacific time. Does that time match the time that you started it on Day 1? If so, which other listings of yours did not run to their full allotted time?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I'm familiar with all that information. Thank you.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply