cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is eBay Forcing you to use Promoted Listings to Sell your Items?

I want to bring to the attention of the eBay community a trend i have seen on my account and see if anyone else has been experiencing the same trend on theirs. 

During 2023, i have noticed that the only way i am selling my items is if they are Promoted. If i choose not to Promote them, they will not sell, nor will any traffic be generated to the listings. I have used Terapeak to better my titles, take actual pictures of my items, describe the items well and am a Top Rated Seller. 

As of June 15, 2023, i have spent $241 on Promotions. At this same point last year, i had spent $58 on Promotions. 🤔

Is eBay Forcing you to use Promoted Listings to Sell your Items? 

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Is eBay Forcing you to use Promoted Listings to Sell your Items?

@pereirahawk wrote:

It figures you would express that type of language toward another that toes the Ebay line.

No, you don't have to use Ebay promoted listings, but everything you stated after that is pure speculation.  The fact is Ebay had created a situation where if you don't promote, you get a tiny fraction of views.  You can't compare this with sellers on here stating how they don't use PL and they do just fine.  Its because they have hundreds of followers built up over years of selling on Ebay.

Then explain why in the first quarter of 2023, PL sales was 1% of Ebay's total sales?  Clearly there are millions of sellers that are not using PLS.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 46 of 47
latest reply

Re: Is eBay Forcing you to use Promoted Listings to Sell your Items?

I promote everything at 2% -- 100% of my items.

55% of the time I pay no promotion fee

45% of the time I do pay a promotion fee

In my case, it neither helps nor hurts.

Message 47 of 47
latest reply