cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone in the USA able to ship to the UK?

For anyone who is not aware, eBay international shipping is preventing several categories from being shipped from the USA to the UK. The reason given is something about new 'special product safety markings' that are required by the United Kingdom. I have seen in the forums sellers who are unable to ship Iphones, car parts, clothes, toys, collectibles. I have not been able to find any information about this new requirement on the UK royal mail website, or with UPS, FedEX, USPS; none of these websites have any information alluding to this new rule. Is there any way of getting some clarity on this rule? This is a huge market that many American sellers are missing out on. Can eBay find a solution so that we can come back to a rational playing field?

From what I understand, sellers can still ship to the UK through eBay, using USPS or other carriers. The listing must be updated to either opt out of eBay international shipping or to include eIS and other carriers. My concern is, if eBay is unwilling to ship to the UK using the service that is guaranteed to the seller (meaning eBay is on the hook if the item I ship is lost or held at customs) is there indeed a risk to shipping to the UK, regarding this new rule of requiring 'special product safety markings'? If I ship an item, will it get stuck in customs and held? I get a few messages a week asking me why I can't ship to the UK, and I am losing sales over this. eBay is losing money on this as well.

For those in the USA who are shipping to the UK (without using eBay international shipping), have you had an increase in issues, or with undeliverable items? What categories are you selling in, and for those who are having issues like I am, what categories are you selling in? 

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I've shipped audiobooks on CD to the UK recently. I shipped eIS.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Big discussion since last yr on this:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/EIS-not-offering-shipping-to-UK/td-p/3402...

With answers from blues..........but no resolution that I know of..........

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just came back from the post office this is February the 23rd 2024.

I tried to ship some proof sets of US coins about $30 in value to my sister in the UK they told me and showed me that no coins gold silver anything can be shipped to the UK so I hustle over to the UPS office and FedEx office but they don't ship International from where I am in northern Michigan.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I have not been able to ship to the UK either - dolls (as in Barbie type).   I'm not sure why a play doll can't be sent, and I've called so many times to Ebay, all they ever tell me is they know, it's a glitch, and will be fixed soon.   It's 5 months now - ebay customer service is not very helpful unless it's a simple question.   But really, they should figure it out, since sellers are losing out on sales.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Have not been able to send boat parts. Even a simple rubber hose to UK!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Add me to the list of someone that just lost a sale due to eBay not shipping to UK.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes! I just got one at 2:00 eastern time from the United Kingdom sending me a message that I do not ship to them. I have not excluded any countries except the ones it defaults to Ukraine, Russia etc. But to find out that the United Kingdom is not on the list of accepted countries either. Then i read this post. I had no clue items were restricted from going from the US to UK. I was trying to sell a plush toy.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply