cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a certificate of authenticity required to sell an autograph?

I was going to sell Ted Kennedys signature because he came to my school and signed my notebook. Do I have to get a certificate of authenticity?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is a certificate of authenticity required to sell an autograph?

Not required but I doubt anyone would purchase without one - it's a collecible item and for an autograph provenance and authentication are vital.

Do your research - UACC . org is a good place to start. There should be information about getting your autograph certificated.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

No, but it does add to it's Value. You know it's real, you were their, Now you'll need to do research on how to prove it to others. Good Luck to you.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No certificate of authenticity 25 bucks with certificate from a recognized source $225.00 cost to certify $150.00 - $200.00 not a very good return on your investment...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Some states say 'Yes' a COA is required, under certain circumstances.

Quite frankly, I would not purchase anything with a COA.  Why willingly pay the extra to get 'taken'?  

Look on-line.  You can download templates that you can print out and fill in yourself - Have a COA Party!  It's easy, it is fun, tell your friends, see who can make the best, fanciest or most authentic looking COA.

It is more than likely that a very large proportion of the COA's are fake, counterfeit or produced by 'unqualified' individuals.

(Even slabbed coins have been faked - hologram and all)

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

No.  Not at all.

A COA would help, COA from a recoginzed and respected authenticator (PSA as an example) would be better, COA AND DNA verification would be ideal!!  Costly vs potential profit might be prohibitive.  Story of how you came about it might be more valuable than actual $$$ amount gained.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

And the official listing policy says .....

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/autographs.html

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply