cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There Any Human Cutomer Service

Greetings All,

Looking at my May statement I discovered a charge for a $4.99 promotional fee. I have never promoted an item, and this promo fee is 1/2 the cost of the item. There is no reference help about particular subject so I need to talk to a person to get this charge removed. Listing was done during the switch over to the new listing pages, so probably that's how it mistakenly got tacked on. Is there a way to talk to an actual human being. All attempts on the phone have been blocked by automated that eventually after it makes useless suggestions hangs up ( even after an 1 attempt reporting " a theft of my money" to get passed on to a human).

Yes, I do know it is a small sum, piddling even for some high income sellers on here, but I am a small seller and need the $4.99 for a gallon of gas. So if this sum is beneath your consideration for retrieval then no comment is necessary. But for those who can empathize, how do I get this charge credited back?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is There Any Human Cutomer Service

@164nc 

When you get to the chat box - no need to interact.

Type in

CALL ME

And they will.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Try talking to a customer service agent via the ebay for business page on facebook. When you go into chat mode, just type agent in the chat box & confirm your contact number. They normally respond very quickly.

Double check your listings, you may have checked off something by mistake. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The promote check box is at the bottom of the page.  Click edit on the item and then look to see if you checked the box in error.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

So what I did to get a human was kept interacting with the automated chat assistant until it finally relented after 10 minutes and gave the option for some human to call me back.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The item was a 10 day listing that has since been relisted. I did check the relisted listing to make sure that it did not have  promo ad checked on it when I caught the charge reviewing my monthly statement (and the human CSR did recheck all my listings as well), but I am not sure if it would appear on a relisting though. However, I am still of the thought, the promo add on happened as glitch while the listing page switchover was taking place.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@164nc 

When you get to the chat box - no need to interact.

Type in

CALL ME

And they will.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for that!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply