cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There A Way to Save Ended Listings Longer Than 90 Days?

I'm looking to be on a nice hiatus for awhile and was wondering, if I ended all my listings is there a way that they'll still be available to relist if it's longer than 90 days?  Or is there a workaround that?  Was thinking maybe list them at some point and jack the prices up a few hundred bucks apiece so they don't sell? 🙂 - just wondering if I have any options that wouldn't require me to recreate them all upon my return?

Thanks,

Steve

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Is There A Way to Save Ended Listings Longer Than 90 Days?

Save them to Drafts before the 90 days are up.  That gives you at least another 75 days after the draft is created.  If you relist them before the original 90 days are up, just delete the drafts.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@electricrecords6 

You can use the "out of stock" (OOS) option for fixed price listings.

They would renew as they do now with any applicable fees.

OOS listings supposedly remain (unseen by buyers) 6 months. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@electricrecords6 

You can use the "out of stock" (OOS) option for fixed price listings.

They would renew as they do now with any applicable fees.

OOS listings supposedly remain (unseen by buyers) 6 months. 

This^^^^^^^

OOS listing are cancelled on the renewal date when they have been OOS for 6 months (5 previous OOS renewals).

I use the OOS option and never end sold listings but I can always see them sitting there through the 5 renewals without fail.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thanks...where/how do i use the OOS option?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hmm...ok, so that's only good for multi-quantity listings?  I'm thinking that won't work for all of my single item listings.....right?

Thanks,

Steve

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

When I have a item that's going to be out of stock for more than 90 days, before the 90 days are up, I will make the listing active, wait a few minutes, then set it to out of stock again.   Good for another 90 days.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@electricrecords6 wrote:

Hmm...ok, so that's only good for multi-quantity listings?  I'm thinking that won't work for all of my single item listings.....right?

Thanks,

Steve

Any Fixed Price listing can by multi-quantity or not, all my Fixed Price listings have a quantity of 1, I do have multiples for many but I only list with a quantity of 1.

If you are wondering why it's because of limited space,  all my active listings occupy about 10 sq feet, my actual inventory occupies about 1000sq feet (and badly organized in a remote location).

Once a week I visit my main storage location, retrieve the items that have been sold and revise the listings to show they are available again. In the meantime the buyers order has been shipped from my on hand supply.

While I might lose out on a sale from time to time that is a lot better than having to drive for half an hour to retrieve an item that sold for $10.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@electricrecords6 wrote:

Thanks,

Steve

Make it active again, then end it.  You're good for another 90 days.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@electricrecords6 wrote:

Thanks,

Steve

Make it active again, then end it.  You're good for another 90 days.

You only have to do that if it has been out of stock for MORE than 5 full months.

I have a listing that was originally listed on March 14, 2020, it sold on May 12, 2023, eBay ended it on November 14, 2023.

Nothing wrong with doing the on/off in 90 days but it's not necessary.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply