cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ebay disappearing from Google search?

I used to see LOTS of ebay listings for all sorts of things when I entered a search in Google and they always used to be near the top, both on the first tab and then also the shopping tab.

For the last 2 weeks, I can't find much from ebay on Google on the first few pages. if I type in the item I am shopping for followed by the word ebay the results are better but if someone doesn't usually shop ebay would they know to add the word ebay?!?!

Searched 'fabric' on Google (I sell fabric) no results from ebay that I could see....Etsy mostly and Amazon are on the first page.

Silver charm bracelet (this is what I buy mainly) Etsy results mostly and 2 results from ebay but only if I typed in Vintage !

Mens T shirt ...Amazon, Walmart, Kohls.

So, ok I  search again with a  bit more detail more than 3 words entered in the Google search bar

Confetti Cottons by Riley Blake ....Etsy, mostly and a few independent quilt shops.

men's black t shirt large...3 results from ebay but had to scroll down the page quite a bit.

poly mailor bags search was a bit better as I saw 3 results from ebay but I am noticing Etsy is flooding Google absolutely flooding it.

'Porcelain elephant' was my best result with lots showing from ebay but only using the shopping tab

I used to be able to find my own ebay listings on Google very easily but I haven't been able to for a few weeks. I started moving my stock over to Etsy just before the pandemic hit and had to suspend my store as I couldn't keep up with multiple venues when the demand for cotton skyrocketed for face mask making so I cut back to just 2 venues.  I think I should probably open Etsy back up as they do seem to advertise!!

So, is it just me noticing a drop off in ebay's presence on Google, something feels off to me ? 

scuse any typos, posted using my phone and my nails are too long for this tiny keyboard!

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0