cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ebay dead? 1000+ items, no sales, no traffic.

Um, this sucks.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Is Ebay dead? 1000+ items, no sales, no traffic.

Ummm ... are you talking about another account, or are your expectations realistic?

On this account, it looks like you are making over 100-120 sales a month, and with 1000 items that is a 1% sell-through rate per month ... 1% is generically typical, and I am pretty sure it is above average for women's clothing.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

Nope, Doing pretty good

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

Also I did a search for “black gymnastics leotard” and over 66,000 results came up. That’s a lot of competition. 

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

Seems pretty dismal to me. Had 100 listings end the other day, and only 1 sold for $11.99.

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

I think you meant a 10% sell-through rate which is about my average.
Message 6 of 39
latest reply

Not on my account - doing very well selling collectibles. Average sale is $53.00 and selling 1-2/day with 200 listings.
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

I just checked a few of your listings. It looks like your  price is just $10.00 less than the retail price and then you have shipping cost on top of that. 

I'm going to say people don't feel like they are getting a deal unless you have something OOP and they want it bad enough.

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

I was coming to the boards for the same question.... I am down 50% compared to a year ago and despite all the hoops, I just cant seem to get things moving. Trying to end some old listings, send offers, revise blah blah....

I know fashion jewelry is a rough group but I have always been able to hold my own and eek out sales but the downward spiral is killing me.

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Very few people are going to want to buy a Was 43.99 NWT !. 

Put what you are selling in the first 21 spaces,   not what you have.    All of these are going to pull your listings down.

Workout tank,   skating costume all need to be up at the front of your title.

Your jewelry is pretty,  but maybe you need to think of adding less Western,  silver and turquoise stuff.     I don't see any of that trending in sales or searches.

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

You're doing great sales.

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 11 of 39
latest reply

I'm confused, what's a "Was 43.99"? I don't think I have anthing at that price.

Are the first 21 spaces different than the rest?

Where did you see trending sales/searches?

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

orangehound, are you sure on that 1%? Sounds low. We'd go broke at that rate. We usually sell rare items and don't expect to meet the average. But we sell maybe 4% a month.

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

Nope, doing great, I can sell anything I want on eBay and as much as I want, the laws of supply and demand are omni present and awesome! You just have to learn to be an eBay Jedi.
Message 14 of 39
latest reply

Not for me. I had a good December 2019 and so far, January 2020 is going pretty good for me.

Message 15 of 39
latest reply