cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info On How to Close My eBay Store

I need info on how to close my eBay store. After over 15 years of selling, I'm tired of the high fees & want to go on to something else. I need your help please. Is there a website that will give me this info.?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Yes, the website is Google

You input:

"How to close eBay Store"

Response:

Go to My eBay > Account > Selling > Subscriptions page. Find your active Store subscription and select Cancel subscription.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Here is a link to close your store:

Close your Store | eBay

Here is a link to close your account:

Closing your account | eBay

You have currently listings so you would need to end them and wait some time before they will close out your eBay account.

I would keep it open in order to figure out your tax liability and get sales information.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

You don't have a Store subscription. So there is no problem with cancelling a non-existent subscription.

Just  End all your current listings and don't list any more.EASY.png

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@lindac871 

I would encourage you to do some research BEFORE you shut down your Ebay account.  Sometimes sellers feel the way you do and that they are just paying too much.  While Ebay is not the cheapest site to sell on, they are also not the most expensive.

You likely can find a site or sites that cost less to sell on than Ebay charges, but there is more to consider other than just what the fees are.  Does this other site get enough traffic to give you enough sales?  Some of the other alternatives simply do not.  You need to decide what is more important, lower fees or sales.  It doesn't really pay to go to a cheaper site if you don't get the sales.

Just some thought to consider while you are trying to decide what is best for you.  I strongly encourage you to do your research first.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I think there are fees involved if you close your store before the subscription expires, But i am not positive,you may want to look into that prior to shutting down

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@lindac871 wrote:

I need info on how to close my eBay store. After over 15 years of selling, I'm tired of the high fees & want to go on to something else. I need your help please. Is there a website that will give me this info.?

Yes, the eBay website itself gives you all the information you need about closing your eBay store sunscription. 

https://export.ebay.com/en/marketing/ebay-store/how-close-your-ebay-store/

After you close your store, the easiest way to move on is to keep your account but simply stop listing on eBay. 

But if you do want to close your account, there is a page for that as well. But remember that it can take a while to close your account, because you must wait until the dispute window for your recent sales has passed. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/changing-account-settings/closing-account?id=4199

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

I think there are fees involved if you close your store before the subscription expires, But i am not positive,you may want to look into that prior to shutting down

You are correct, regarding a store.  If a seller does a yearly subscription, there are early termination fees.  Not all sellers do subscriptions, some do a month to month.  But still it can be a significant expense to consider if one has a subscription.

32.jpg

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

But the early termination fee is lower than the cost of keeping a subscription that you aren't using, so in this particular case it's a moot point.  

The chart above, and other details about this fee, are found in the store TOS here:

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

OK, thank you.  I did not suggest that someone not pay the fee if the fee was low enough to not make a difference.  I merely provided the info, one would hope the OP would be able to determine what is the best route for them.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Thank you golfingaddict. I have closed my store & deleted the few listings.

However, I don't want to close my account because my feedback will disappear, correct? I don't want that because I do plan to continue buying on eBay.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

I do have a store subscription - $4.95 a month.

Now what?

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Thanks for the info.

However, I'm making so little on eBay that I had a change of heart. I will no longer shop for things to sell & donate things from home to 2nd hand stores to help other people.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply