cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing BUYER fraud in light of COVID (ebay's lack of support)

I've now heard from several sellers they're having issues with buyers, and as of this morning I am now a victim myself.

The package was clearly delivered according to USPS tracking, but the buyer is claiming it was not delivered. In the past this was a quick, simple open/shut case, but now with the limited support at ebay...who knows?

Anyone else??? Yet another reason to stop selling on ebay?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Increasing BUYER fraud in light of COVID (ebay's lack of support)

"The package was clearly delivered according to USPS tracking, but the buyer is claiming it was not delivered. In the past this was a quick, simple open/shut case, but now with the limited support at ebay...who knows?"

I live out in the country and our rural delivery people constantly give my packages to the neighbors and others around here and vice versa. It's a good thing that we are all honest.

You should probably call the local PO where the package was 'delivered' and ask them to check the GPS for it. That's how one of my non"delivered' items was found. It was scanned delivered but not to me.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Yup, it's getting really silly, isn't it.

I could mention a few more of those, "blame it on covid-19 incidents".

Tulip time in Pella, Iowa. Can't go appreciate the beauty and festivities though...... covid-19 

What a BLAAAAAAH! Do it anyway!

Tulips, Wink, Wink!

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Maybe you are, but I’m not that kind of seller. I’m the kind who doesn’t immediately jump to the scammer conclusion. I’m the kind of seller who will help a buyer track down their package instead of saying “too bad, so sad.” That is not the same thing as being a doormat. Some buyers have no idea where to start or that the Usps often has gps info that can help.

I’m also the kind of seller who has had returning buyers for 20 years, some of whom have spent tens of thousands with me. They probably would not have if I was a jerk who always jumps to a negative conclusion. Those sellers are probably the ones who are complaining about the lack of sales.

Your mileage may vary.

Empathy is free. More people should try it.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

If tracking shows delivered you have nothing to worry about. You don't need to contact eBay.  Just enter the tracking number in the case and when eBay gets around to deciding if it was delivered you'll win.  

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

I've now heard from several sellers they're having issues with buyers

{snip}

In the past this was a quick, simple open/shut case, but now with the limited support at ebay...who knows?

Anyone else??? Yet another reason to stop selling on ebay?

Given the millions of sellers here and over a billion listings, the "several sellers" you heard from is not enough to convince me that buyer fraud is increasing. 

And your "who knows?" speculation about what might happen with your case is not a reason for me to stop selling here. 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

I am a buyer.  I have now been scammed on 4 of my last 5 purchases.  Items listed, paid for and then apparently not shipped.  I have received refunds but have to tell you an 80% failure rate in the last 6 weeks has driven me away from EBay which is unfortunate for you sellers.  I do my homework, look at reviews etc. but from my perspective it’s becoming systemic and it’s time for me to bow out.  Sorry.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

I have the same issue but the case has been opened since May 5/9/2020 and my PP account is on hold for $800.
I have taken the same exact steps you have.
I have no phone number to contact them which I have seen in the past.
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Yes I've been victim of this sudden spike of theft via returns policy that has never happened before! Funny brcause you carfully question the fruad buyer as to what exactly is wrong with the item. You'll get a bogus non responce about how deseptive you are a neg and a return all within the hour. Item comes back half empty or not ay all. No one to call to report it to! Sure ebay knows and is intentionally keeping help out of reach to make a nice profit!

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

If buyer opens a case simply enter the tracking number into the case and if it shows it was delivered you shoukd win the case. 

Message 24 of 24
latest reply