cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase amount of active listing to 10k

Hi,

I'm current have about 1k2 active listing. I'm planning to upgrade to Anchor store, and increase the number of active listing to 10k listing.

My question is: If I increase number of active listing 10 times like that in a short time, let say, 10 days (1k listing/days), would it effect my account in any negative way?

I heard that if you have to many listing without sales/view, it effects your store overal ranking, and you will show up  less on search result. Anyone can confirm/ or denied that? I also heard the similar thing about delist, like if you delist more than 10% of your active listing/day, you will get a huge decrease in sale.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Increase amount of active listing to 10k

First. Does your selling limit allow you to list 10k items?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yes, my limit is more than enough.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I don't think it will have a negative effect on your account at all. 

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Your listings show multiple locations. Do you have warehouses or drop shipping?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

There is no effect like you described.  As a full time seller with lots of transactions daily I will advice you to think about how you will handle the extra business.  Can you handle 10 times the sales in the same time frame?  Think about how long the average sales takes to

• find it in your awaiting to ship folder
  • verify payment with paypal
  • Go and pull the item/s
  • package it for shipment
  • print packaging and shipping labels
  • finish all work and place in your outgoing area

If the average ( I know all items take a different time frame but use an overall average) time frame is say 15 to 20 minutes per package to complete all the way through, that means you can do 3 or 4 orders per hour.  If you are shipping 30 plus items a day like I am that means 10 to 12 hours a day just for packaging incoming orders. 

• Do you have that much time to maintain this kind of pace that will and should happen each and every day? 
  • Are your handling times set to handle this kind of volume?
  • Do you need to have extra help and does the profit from these new item justify the extra costs for help?
  • How will you handle customer service task that are going to increase greatly with more items?  Trust me no matter how well you set up your listings to include about anything someone will wonder about you are going to get a lot more messages about items, and eBay is right now monitoring the response time to messages, although they are not used for anything yet, but we can assume that is coming very soon.

The best advice I can give you is this.  If you are planning a much bigger presence here at eBay then the only way to succeed is to plan for success.  Do not wait until it happens.

• Stock up on shipping supplies
  • make sure you have a healthy reserve in your paypal account at all times for any issues you have to take care of
  • Make sure your suppliers have ample supply to replenish your in stock inventory as you sell it.
  • Know your suppliers well enough so they can inform you when inventory will be running out so that you can buy extra before it happens
  • Make a plan for getting your packages (which will be much more now) either picked up or proven way to drop off and know they will be scanned which might include a scan sheet.
  • Try to find time to monitor your main seller categories because when other sellers see a product selling well they will also be carrying that item very soon, so know what is happening your your categories.
  • Since you are going to be much more involved you need to have a plan on how to handle requests and cases without taking a lot of time to resolve them.  This might in some case require you to just refund and block buyer when things do not get settled quickly.  You do not want to throw away all your profits on customer service time.  Learn to value and devalue this area as needed.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Along with all the good information, hints and suggestions that goodluckselling provided, also figure in personal and family time, schedules, obligations and requirements, as well as having standby help and figuring time needed in the event of medical, weather related, extended family related emergencies and the like.

(personal opinion - your mileage may vary)

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Actually it can and if eBay sees a very rapid increase they may pull the reins a little tighter.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thoughtful advice for sellers who are not dropshippers.  OP is a dropshipper.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@*eponymous* wrote:

Thoughtful advice for sellers who are not dropshippers.  OP is a dropshipper.

I thought that might be the case when I was assembling my post, but I went with it just the same.  I guess I should have looked at there items.

Thanks for the heads up.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I saw the tax for Mass. and the warehouses around the country.  Maybe FBA. 

Even so, some of us know that 'personal' issues can crop up at the most ducedly inconvenient times!  Smiley Surprised

A solo dropshipper could be in a world of hurt.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 11 of 11
latest reply