cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the past week alone 4 unpaid auctions

What is going on with eBay?  I need to vent. Have been a member since 1998 and have never seen it this bad as a seller. This past week alone, 4 unpaid auctions, in the past month 6, wow! Why is it not possible for eBay to make a mark somewhere on these deadbeat buyers profiles to mark how many times they have done this to warn sellers. I have my doubts now that anything is being done to deter these people, yea I know, people will write and tell me all about the "strikes", do we as sellers REALLY know this happens? Does eBay REALLY kick people off for excessive abuse? Is there REALLY a 3 strike and you're out rule? Sorry, I have my doubts, may be switching to Vinted!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: In the past week alone 4 unpaid auctions

Are you not opening unpaid item cases, or allowing eBay to cancel for you?  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@donna*tena wrote:

Why is it not possible for eBay to make a mark somewhere on these deadbeat buyers profiles to mark how many times they have done this to warn sellers. 

It is possible, and they do. 

But in order for those Unpaid Item Strikes to be effective, two things must happen:

(a) the sellers they did not pay must complete the Unpaid Item process; and 

(b) other sellers must implement the block on buyers with too many strikes against them. 

But remember, any buyer can evade any block by simply creating a new account, and there is not very much eBay can do about a determined non-payer without also putting up barries to honest sellers. 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

More than 2 strikes in a 12 month period stops these deadbeats from purchasing if you have your blocks in place.

No, there is no such thing as 3 strikes and they are out

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Happens every week to me.

eBay needs to FIX this.

If you don't pay once why would you get to stiff the next seller?

Please answer eBay.

✌️🇺🇸

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

More than 2 strikes in a 12 month period stops these deadbeats from purchasing if you have your blocks in place.

No, there is no such thing as 3 strikes and they are out

Would be nice if they did.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Yes I do block them, my block bidder list is huge! I just feel something more could be done and not being aloud to at the very least leave feedback warning others that this person may buy and not pay is not a fair practice, in my opinion.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Amen!

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Yes I have my blocks in place, I block them and I cancel the auctions but I feel more could and should be done to protect sellers, in my opinion.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Hi, Yes eBay may keep track of the "strikes" but it would be nice if they were recorded right on the deadbeat profile so we all could see it, seems only fair to me. Yes I do have my blocks set and I do add them to my block bidder list and I do follow thru and cancel the auctions after the required time limit, my point is it is getting worse and something more needs to be done as this is a giant pain in the ass.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Stop running auctions and use fixed-price listings with immediate payment required. Do not use the Best Offer option, and, if eBay adds it to your listings, either remove it or ignore any offers received. Problem solved.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Are you not opening unpaid item cases, or allowing eBay to cancel for you?  

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Two strikes, not "more than two" which implies that it takes three.  

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Yes, of course I am, but having my items tied up for days and also after canceling the auctions, 3 of my auctions did Not relist and yes I have my settings set to let eBay automatically cancel the auction after time limit, then these auctions simply disappeared, poof! I had to rewrite the auctions, just a huge pain in the ass and it should not happen.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

The uptick in non-payers is indeed disconcerting. In the past week I have 4 returns, 1 NAD because the buyer thought the bag she was buying was bigger, 2 cancellations, 3 non-payments and phenomena with buyers buying 2 of the same item accidentally. I called eBay twice.

One of the buyers showed me a screenshot of what they are seeing in their end. It shows multiples of incomplete transactions on the same page that are all pending. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

When eBay removed the ability of sellers to leave negative feedback they made the feedback system, which was a key component of eBay, useless. Buyers have always held the upper hand with the threat of posting negative feedback, which is much more harmful to sellers than buyers, but eBay has now openly allied itself with buyers over the people who keep it in business, sellers. In the past it was difficult to get eBay to handle a scam buyer, now it appears to be impossible. And yes, at one time if you got three strikes as a buyer you were banned from the site.

I have read enough nightmare stories on here since eBay dumped PayPal to confirm the wisdom of my refusal to give eBay access to a bank account. eBay is doing exactly what I feared they would, freezing funds and withdrawing them with no justification or recourse. If I were a seller who needed eBay I would have an account that was solely for eBay and I would empty it each day, leaving nothing for eBay to claw back.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply