cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If You Do Not See A Rubber Ducky and There is No Mention of A Rubber Ducky ... Guess What?

If You Do Not See A Rubber Ducky and There is No Mention of A Rubber Ducky ...Guess What?

..............................THERE IS NO "DARN" RUBBER DUCKY INCLUDED!!!     Good lord!

I know some of you (cheerleaders) unamused will come along and say:  You should write out:   No Rubber Ducky is included, but why and where does it end?    

Please share some of the questions you have received from buyers when your pictures and/or written words have omitted/did not included things AND buyers still messaged you asking:  Is there a:  Rubber Ducky included!

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: If You Do Not See A Rubber Ducky and There is No Mention of A Rubber Ducky ... Guess What?

@getitright1234 wrote:

It is not a question of how to respond to a buyer,  as a seller,  I am always professional and I answer the question, but it is just shocking to me when I get these types of questions.  Some of these questions leaves me shaking my head.  Do my customers, know that I am shaking my head:  absolutely not. 

Believe me - I totally understand as I'm asked about measurements and colors all the time and everything is right in the listing - but it seems everyone skins these days - they have 100 things to do and try doing 3/4 all at the same time and miss the important details - or like my mom who's eyesight is failing - she won't admit to it but picks up items thinking they are $4.99 - when they are actually $14.99.

As I've aged I just realized that I can't let these little things upset me - I stew for a minute and let it go because if these are the worst of my problems I'm lucky. These past 2 weeks - my sales are slow, my husband needed a new muffler, my school taxes doubled, I have bees in the house foundation and I had to put my 4 1/2 yr old dog down after $$$ spent at an emergency clinic only to find out there was nothing we could do - and yet there are people in Texas and Florida that have lost everything including loved ones - so I'm grateful for what I do have and don't sweat the little things.

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

Re: If You Do Not See A Rubber Ducky and There is No Mention of A Rubber Ducky ... Guess What?

But you must be cautious.  If that invisible rubber ducky is made of wood, it might be an invisible witch who will turn you into a newt.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 32 of 42
latest reply

@cynthealee2 wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I haven't gotten any questions like that, but...

If it's NOT in the picture, and if it's NOT mentioned in the description, it is NOT included. That's just plain common sense.  Makes no never mind if the rubber ducky was originally included in the set when it was new in 1978 or whatever...if it's  not in the pic and not in the description, it ain't there.

WYSIWYG, y'all

Common Sense = Oxymoron  (named for an air breathing, ah, .... )

No such thing. 

If there were such a thing as 'common sense', none of us would have to be here on the forums.

Phanto would still be here... talking about feedback

Well, you know, everybody needs a hobby!  Smiley Wink  Smiley Very Happy

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 33 of 42
latest reply

If it's NOT in the picture, and if it's NOT mentioned in the description, it is NOT included. That's just plain common sense.  Makes no never mind if the rubber ducky was originally included in the set when it was new in 1978 or whatever...if it's  not in the pic and not in the description, it ain't there.

WYSIWYG, y'all

I used to use a small doll type goat looking thing in my pictures next to the item. I even had a name for him/it,  it was Henry!

Anyhow I would include a paragraph in those listings that said if you wanted to give him a good home, just let me know and I'll ship him with your item.

No takers. Or buyers just don't read the listings?

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

But you must be cautious.  If that invisible rubber ducky is made of wood, it might be an invisible witch who will turn you into a newt.

I got better! :penguin:

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Just don't make me light the Grail Shaped Beacon...

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

Run away! Run away!  :penguin:

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

Ducky's Law(tm):  Once Python gets invoked, the odds of the discussion getting back on track rapidly approach Infinity-1 : 1

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@getitright1234 wrote:

If in the listing: there is No picture of and  No mentioning of said item equals:   Logical conclusion:  Not included!   

It would only be a logical conclusion to me if experience told me that every seller on eBay always carefully photographed and carefully described each item. 

But I know from experience that many seller do not always carefully photographed and carefully described each item.

So if I saw a listing for an item that often included a particular part or option or accessory, IMHO it would be perfectly logical for me to verify with the seller whether that bit happened to be included. 

I collect vinyl records, and sometimes it is the inserts that were slid inside the album cover that represent the collector value because they are were only included with first pressings. 

Sometimes it is the buyer who risks the wrath of the seller by daring to ask a question who discovers a gem that others might miss. 

I think this is a good example of WHY buyers may sometimes ask questions like this.  The *somekind of special Barbie doll in original box* which came with some original something... no longer in this box with the doll, but that wasn't revealed.  The many, many offerings here of pre-owned stuff that a buyer remembers DID include this, and this, and this..... but one part is missing from the purchase when it arrives.

As pointed out, so MANY sellers don't photograph each item the offering is including, don't specifically mention what all is included, etc.  It happens so often that buyers begin to question whether this isn't included because it isn't shown, or it IS included, but just isn't part of a photo shown, which also happens often enough...

But we always blame buyers for asking if there is any doubt, and if a pre-owned offering originally came with a particular part which isn't being included in this offering and it's a part that you want so that the entire offering is complete... it's easier to ask than have to make a return, etc.

It may be irksome, but I actually don't fault the buyer in a situation like this.  Better to be safe than sorry.

I've found it helps to specifically list out what the buyer IS getting in this offering, and if I ever know a part that is missing, I mention it specifically in both condition and description boxes.  A I STILL had a buyer leave neutral for something missing two parts... not just now shown, but specifically revealed in both condition and description boxes, so... you still hit the wall with some buyers.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

mistwomandancing wrote:

luckythewinner wrote:

getitright1234 wrote:

If in the listing: there is No picture of and  No mentioning of said item equals:   Logical conclusion:  Not included!   

It would only be a logical conclusion to me if experience told me that every seller on eBay always carefully photographed and carefully described each item. 

But I know from experience that many seller do not always carefully photographed and carefully described each item.

So if I saw a listing for an item that often included a particular part or option or accessory, IMHO it would be perfectly logical for me to verify with the seller whether that bit happened to be included. 

I collect vinyl records, and sometimes it is the inserts that were slid inside the album cover that represent the collector value because they are were only included with first pressings. 

Sometimes it is the buyer who risks the wrath of the seller by daring to ask a question who discovers a gem that others might miss. 

I think this is a good example of WHY buyers may sometimes ask questions like this.  The *somekind of special Barbie doll in original box* which came with some original something... no longer in this box with the doll, but that wasn't revealed.  The many, many offerings here of pre-owned stuff that a buyer remembers DID include this, and this, and this..... but one part is missing from the purchase when it arrives.

As pointed out, so MANY sellers don't photograph each item the offering is including, don't specifically mention what all is included, etc.  It happens so often that buyers begin to question whether this isn't included because it isn't shown, or it IS included, but just isn't part of a photo shown, which also happens often enough...

But we always blame buyers for asking if there is any doubt, and if a pre-owned offering originally came with a particular part which isn't being included in this offering and it's a part that you want so that the entire offering is complete... it's easier to ask than have to make a return, etc.

It may be irksome, but I actually don't fault the buyer in a situation like this.  Better to be safe than sorry.

I've found it helps to specifically list out what the buyer IS getting in this offering, and if I ever know a part that is missing, I mention it specifically in both condition and description boxes.  And I STILL had a buyer leave neutral for something missing two parts... not just missing in all photos, but specifically revealed in both condition and description boxes to be missing from this offering!!!, so... you still hit the wall with some buyers.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

Ducky's Law(tm):  Once Python gets invoked, the odds of the discussion getting back on track rapidly approach Infinity-1 : 1

So you eat ham and spam and jam a lot?  :penguin:

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

@994john wrote:

WYSIWYG, y'all

I used to use a small doll type goat looking thing in my pictures next to the item. I even had a name for him/it,  it was Henry!

Anyhow I would include a paragraph in those listings that said if you wanted to give him a good home, just let me know and I'll ship him with your item.

No takers. Or buyers just don't read the listings?

I found Henry!

He's a bear, not a goat.

Now who wouldn't want to give this sweet little bear a home?

henry the bear (2).JPG

Message 42 of 42
latest reply